Took the plunge....

fiatfactory

Steve Cecchele
Always wanted a Montecarlo, so yesterday I took the plunge!

monte.jpg

monte 4.jpg

monte 3.jpg

Looks awesome. My first X1/9 was the same color. Why’s it have Scorpion headlights?

US delivered car that has been converted to RHD.

Totally rust free, came from Arizona I believe, so dry climate no salt on roads car.

SteveC

yes, part of the conversion to RHD was changing the wiper arms, wiper motor/support etc to RHD units

Conversion to RHD has been quite nicely done.

SteveC

Niiiiiice set of wheels, Steve!! RHD and all!!!
Yep, you will now be lookin' like Mr Cool over there in the sunny West!! :cool:

cheers, IanL - NZ

Hopefully permanently to live and work... I've been offered a job restoring old Italian cars, Alfa's mostly but the odd Fiat /Lancia as well.

SteveC

Congrats, Steve. It couldn't be in better hands. It looks like a US spec car that's been around the world, with Euro bumpers, and a RHD set-up. From the looks of it, I'm guessing its interior is from a Euro-spec car. Fabric seats look nice. Love the black interior, I'm slowly dying my weathered blue interior black with promising results. Did we get black interiors in the US cars?

No engine bay pics from Steve C!? I'm interested to hear your plans for the car.

Dueling build threads from experienced people like yourself and BEEK would only strengthen the forum, best wishes for that sexy thing!

Last edited:
Body / paint and interior trim is really good and needs no real work... engine bay doesn't present anywhere near as well.
monte 6.jpg

No immediate plans to do anything to the car as I'm quite busy for the next few months going between Thailand and Australia setting up a new automotive venture in Bangkok.

SteveC

Nice find and congrats on taking a significant plunge to change your life. I would do the move in stages if you can, sometimes...

A Scorpion is one of the cars I really want to acquire someday. Hopefully sooner than later.

Your particular example looks extremely nice. Love the color.

Last edited:
Wow congratulations on everything Steve! I was recently musing what a Montecarlo would look like in X1/9 Lime Green. Quite striking even with the metallic in it. I'm leaning towards the Porsche Crystal Green Metallic paint of the mid 1980's.

Back