Top cover chrome trim?

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
Anyone know a part number for the chrome trim that goes across the top cover panel that holds the black vinyl trim on? I doubt I can find a new one, but don't have a part number to go looking.... Maybe there is a good used one out there.......I anyone has a source, please let me know.Thanks

Anyone know a part number for the chrome trim that goes across the top cover panel that holds the black vinyl trim on? I doubt I can find a new one, but don't have a part number to go looking.... Maybe there is a good used one out there.......I anyone has a source, please let me know.Thanks
It would help to know what car this is for. We're in the "rear engine" forum, so I assume it is not for an X1/9?

From the description this is almost certainly an 850 spider; if so there are a number of places that I would try. Chris (FiatPlus), David (Vintage Euro), Mathew's Parts (in Mobile) and Lenny (Auto-Italia) are good starting places. There are often guys parting out 850s on E-bay, as well as some folks who have e-bay stores that may also have it (try Ralph - goes by 'minifan' on e-bay). Good luck - Loren

opps, you are correct, this is on a 1971 Fiat 850 spider..... Sorry to all the other rear engine Fiat folks out there....
Thanks for the suggestions, I thought it would be easier to have the part number before I go to the vendors.

Contact David Bishop <dgbishop30@gmail.com>
He has lots of 850 parts

Oops, you are correct, this is on a 1971 Fiat 850 spider..... Sorry to all the other rear engine Fiat folks out there....

No need to apologize. Since this is posted in the "Rear Engine Fiats" section, from your initial description of the part you're looking for, it's readily apparent that you're talking about the 850 Spider - there's no other Rear Engine Fiat with a (convertible) top cover panel. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, I thought it would be easier to have the part number before I go to the vendors.

The stainless-steel trim piece spanning the leading edge of the Fiat 850 Spider convertible top cover panel is Fiat part #4131726.

Back