Toyota

Ya know... I was gonna include NZ...

but I was hoping not to wake you... BTW, do you know of any other countries that understand that sign the way you blokes do?

Hope you are well, Ian!

Hmmm, maybe it's just an ANZAC thing....!

...BTW, do you know of any other countries that understand that sign the way you blokes do?..

......nope, don't know of any others that do our "2-finger salute" to display their "friendliness" :blackeye: to those that get up their nose!
Our friends, the Poms (ooops, our Brit mates) seem happy with their single longest digit pointed upwards when displaying their usual friendliness :whistle:.

Yep, all's good down here Tony, other than it's the middle of winter!
My X is tucked away in my garage for the winter with a soft cover over it - gotta protect these ageing little treasures - kinda like you 'n me, mate!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

two fingered salute

Actually it's an English thing... back when the English and the French were even less friendly...

Apparently it's a sign used by long bow men... who use the same two fingers to draw back the bow. The story goes that the French, when they captured one of the English bow men, would amputate these two digits, thus rendering the amputee useless as a bowman. The English would taunt the French by showing them the two fingers... to show that they could still shoot an arrow.

And, as they say, the rest is history!

Tony, the 'peace' symbol has the palm directed at the recipient, the 'two fingered salute' is gestured with the back of the hand towards the recipient... but close.

SteveC

Back