Trick for replacing starter in FI spider

autox19

True Classic
Other than having someone else do it, how the heck do you get to the starter? Do you really have to take the intake off?

Odie

the later spiders are much easier than the early ones, the transmission tunnel is wider. a 13mm swivel socket on a 24" extension and you should be able to access all 3 bolts from the underside. it is a little tight but you will be able to get your hand up there to guide the socket

Got step 1 done. Bought the starter lol

received_535755203778801.jpeg
received_573029750236576.jpeg

Odie

It is step two that is the bitch.

Some artful extensions will make it somewhat less painful. Not a job I have done, but one I expect I will have to do in the future on my Coupe.

It is step two that is the bitch.

Some artful extensions will make it somewhat less painful. Not a job I have done, but one I expect I will have to do in the future on my Coupe.
The good/bad. The car isnt at my house. So i am stuck just stocking up parts until we can travel once again. Bad. Because i want to work on it. Good because now i have the time to work on the x. That is if it ever goes above 50 again

Odie

Ok. Car is at my house. Got the 2 outside ones and am on the top one near the engine. How the heck do you get to it? Tried from the bottom. Nada. Went to the top where i can feel it. I can get the socket to it but can get it on.

Odie

Back