Twin Abarth 500’s at an Autocross

JimMW

autoxer
Last weekend there were two identical Abarth 500’s at an autocross I went to. I know it’s not a common car and the chances of seeing two of the same out on the road are small, but with that said, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen two of exactly the same car at an autocross before, stock or otherwise.

Just thought I’d share…

There was an X1/9 as well, which some of you might recognize:

A lot of cool cars show up at the local autocrosses and I have a lot of pics on my flickr (flickr link) for anyone that likes to browse, and still have a number of photos to go through from the event so more will be uploaded as I get to them.

When I was doing a lot of auto crossing, there were often whole classes of nearly identical cars. VW GTIs, Honda Civics and CRXs etc only came in limited colors so you would have multiples of each color often times.

Given the limited color choices of the Abarth it isn't too surprising you would see the same car in multiples.

When I was doing a lot of auto crossing, there were often whole classes of nearly identical cars. VW GTIs, Honda Civics and CRXs etc only came in limited colors so you would have multiples of each color often times.

Given the limited color choices of the Abarth it isn't too surprising you would see the same car in multiples.

I understand that and agree to an extent, the limited options for the Abarth make it a lot more likely and it being an autocross that would draw them in. I've gone to a lot of autocrosses and think this is a first time occurrence though, even with common cars like what you mention above and modern day equivalents. I don't see many of these out on the road so was surprised; it does make a not so common car (around here anyway) seem a bit more common, if that makes any sense.

Glad to see more Abarths at autocross! So it wasn't the same car with two different drivers?

I"ve been doing autocross this year and have only seen I think one other Abarth at the events I've been to. There would have been one at another event but the Central Carolina Region of SCCA doesn't allow us to drive in their Solo events, even though we are OK in G Stock and other modified classes.

Glad to see more Abarths at autocross! So it wasn't the same car with two different drivers?

I wondered that at first too when I saw them going through the course, but it was indeed different cars. Didn't get a shot of them parked next to each other.

Sorry to hear you're being held out of events, doesn't make sense to me.

Back