Twin Cam Conversion

CnC79X19

True Classic
I've got a version (now a link) of some sort that another member seems to think was written by a guy named Bob Spencer, a twin cam rep in the UK back in the 80's and 90's. It's just a photocopied version but might be a great read for other members here. I wanted to post it and pass it along but at the same time don't want to step on anyone's toes regarding sending out someone else's work. The other forum member seems to remember that pre-internet days Bob's concern may have been someone testing out the conversion without the proper skills to do it safely. It's said that a disclaimer needed to be signed before a copy would be given so Bob wasn't held liable. I would think that given the fact that guys are practically chopping the bowels out of their X's to fit 200-300HP Honda's that that may be much less of an issue in these present times? I won't post it yet but will if a moderator ok's it.

Link doesn't work for me. But I also can't get many of the links in the "best of" section. So it might not be your link Cliff. Either the forum is having problems or it's on my end. I've also been experiencing issues with the page formatting lately.

I've got a version (now a link) of some sort that another member seems to think was written by a guy named Bob Spencer, a twin cam rep in the UK back in the 80's and 90's. It's just a photocopied version but might be a great read for other members here. I wanted to post it and pass it along but at the same time don't want to step on anyone's toes regarding sending out someone else's work. The other forum member seems to remember that pre-internet days Bob's concern may have been someone testing out the conversion without the proper skills to do it safely. It's said that a disclaimer needed to be signed before a copy would be given so Bob wasn't held liable. I would think that given the fact that guys are practically chopping the bowels out of their X's to fit 200-300HP Honda's that that may be much less of an issue in these present times? I won't post it yet but will if a moderator ok's it.
Hi guys,
I spoke to Bob over twenty years ago on his conversion and he supplied me with written instructions and photos... Never got round to doing it.. One was a standard twin cam which he then turbo charged..

That sounds a lot like one of our members in SoCal. I don't think they are the same person but he has a twin cam with a turbo in a X.

Back