Uno distributor fit?

tigeravg

True Classic
Does anyone know if the Uno distributor ($37 delivered on ebay) which is a cam mount AND electronic, fit our 13/1500 cam tower? Looks the same to me. And making a connector for the coil as a quick discnnect is a 10 minute job. What do ya'll think?
Me thinks it's kinda a no brainer @$37. And if it works, I will shout it from a very high place.

s-l225-1.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting possibility. Naturally you need a cam with a slot in the end. As far as it being electronic that won't matter in terms of working on the X, as the X's ignition is completely independant (i.e. you would not need to use the stock ignition module). The only thing would be the three mounting bolts having the same circumference and the depth of the mounting plate putting the drive tabs at the right location relative to the cam. But with the Uno being so similar to the X's SOHC it very well might fit. I'll be watching to see what happens. ;)

It reminds me of the very affordable block mount electronic distributor that was discussed a while back:

I'm doing a build with a block mounted electronic dizzy only because it's what I have. I have a Delta 400 slotted cam but didn't want to buy a $250 USED dizzy to put it all together. At this price, F it. Pulling the trigger. For the same $$$ as a new "X1/9" cam dizzy, I can slip in some good valves and have everything machined. Bazinga.

I'll let you all know.

OK, just read a ****-ton of stuff in old posts. None of those posts seem to cover the cam mounted unit. And most of the problems seem to be with clearence of the tall block mounted unit. Again, $37 delivered... Gotta buy a blanking plug and cap for the block. Then, the Cam adaptor to finish this off. Still a bargain if it works.

It would be a cool add, do keep us in the loop one way or the other.

I am hoping for shouting from high places. 🤩

No it doesn't fit, none of it fits. I thought I could use parts of it but no. Save your money.

It fits but you need to use different coil, think from FIRE models and you need to connect it.
I think you need adapter only, I can take you photo of adapters, here where instaled on various Fiat Tipo/Tempra which ones didnt sell in USA
At least work on 128 models here.

No it doesn't fit, none of it fits. I thought I could use parts of it but no. Save your money.
for a cam mount lancia application only. I purchased one of these for the heck of it. the vac advance will work, as will the cap and rotor. cheaper than ordering these parts alone. the hall effect pickup could be made to work, most likely can change out the total internals. but the body as already said doesnt fit the cam adapter.

I have a uno T engine but I'm using the x1/9 1300 cam housing so I can use the dog bone mount. I am using the uno T dizzy and I don't remember doing any modifications to be able to install it. Since I have the uno T camshaft I have the slotted end that's needed of course. Just looked at the pic again. I have no clue if it works with the dizzy in the pic but it works with a uno T dizzy which is less complicated (control unit somewhere else)

for a cam mount lancia application only. I purchased one of these for the heck of it. the vac advance will work, as will the cap and rotor. cheaper than ordering these parts alone. the hall effect pickup could be made to work, most likely can change out the total internals. but the body as already said doesnt fit the cam adapter.
I was hoping to use the internals in a spare distributor I had at the time but nothing fit either.

Back