US spec dimensions

Discussion in 'X1/20 Forum' started by Dr.Jeff, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Does anyone have one of these dimensional drawings (below), but for the US spec Scorpion (big bumpers), rather than the Euro MonteCarlo?

beta_montecarlo.jpg

2. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

I didn't find the diagrams, but found some specs for the Scorpion that do show an increase of about 6" in length over the diagram you posted. I think all the other dimensions are the same, so that says "big bumpers" to me.

Length:3965 mm / 156.1 in

Width:1696 mm / 66.77 in

Height:1190 mm / 46.85 in

Wheelbase: 2300 mm / 90.55 in

Front track: 1412 mm / 55.59 in

Rear track: 1456 mm / 57.32 in

MWB offers a Technical Specifications Manual (Lancia Beta Scorpion Montecarlo) and I noticed that the dimensions page they show as a sample page is identical to yours. Perhaps that manual has a page per model variation? Hopefully, someone here probably has the actual sheet you seek.

3. motoTrooper

motoTrooper True Classic

This is all I could find...

Attached Files:

4. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Thanks guys. That is pretty much what I had found. It should get me pretty close to what I'm looking for. ;)

5. Chad C.

Chad C. True Classic

I'm happy to take any specific measurements you're wondering about, whatever encourages you to buy one : )

6. Kevin Channer

Kevin Channer True Classic

Hmmm, I know a guy in my area who has a rolling Scorpion chassis he wants to sell.

7. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I haven't made any decisions yet. Still trying to get informed about them (never had a Scorpion, or any Lancia), and consider the options. Frankly another project is the last thing I need, but that has never stopped me. :rolleyes:

mkmini likes this.
  8. RJ80

RJ80 True Classic

Can confirm JimD's numbers with the MWB specs book. The book does not have a similar technical drawing for the Scorpion, just the figures listed.

9. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

Here you go
    6DEF2C4A-9903-48BE-BB48-27657492FF8B.jpeg
    CCA45DDE-AB25-4B19-B729-293C8132038C.jpeg

10. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Thank you. Mark, that looks like a neat binder of Scorpion info. Is it stuff you've collected or was it purchased as a booklet?

11. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

I got it from Ed at Caribou Imports back in 1986. Spent a lot of dinero at Caribou when I bought my first Scorpion.

Dr.Jeff likes this.