VF INDY HOT ROD MIRRORS

Curious if anybody has tried these mirrors on their X,

I like that they are compact and have a modern look that suits the style of the X.
period correct mirrors somehow date the X where these complement it edgy modern design

interested in what people think

https://visionhotrod.com/collections/non-led-hot-rod-mirrors/products/vf-indy
Clean design. I see they offer a few models in various shapes. Kind of reminds me of the Vitaloni "Californian" mirrors. Especially the more oval version of the "VF2" model. The Vitalonis have been used on several X's:
50107628092_5953005363_b.jpg
HTB19OB8agaH3KVjSZFjq6AFWpXag.jpg

Wouldn’t it tend to rotate around that single mounting point?
The description only says "hidden mounting system", so I'm not sure what it has to prevent that.

I'd be concerned with metal fatigue with such a small mount point.
They are very similar to a Vitaloni California. Your point is a good one, it is a small base and all of our cars have thin steel. Most of the cars who did have a door mounted mirror had a doubler inside the door, some with a threaded fastener to take the load off the door skin.

On the 1500 models with door mounted mirrors (not through the glass) there is a double layer where they originally went. And that ties into the inner door structure so it is actually very strong and stable. I don't know if the 1300's were the same - never owned one, and I'd have to look at one of my later 1500's with window mirrors to see it that inner reinforcement still exists in the doors. However that might not matter if the new mirrors are not mounted in the original stock location. For example the Californian's seem to offer better visibility if located differently. No idea where these "VF Indy" should be mounted for best visibility.

Could always do this...Rally style. Admittedly, a bit extreme, and not the most handsome, but never failed me. Divides the weight well.

Fiat_X19_1974_Concorso_Italiano_2018_MWP1728.jpg

I love those mirrors on Fiats....and always had to fight their drooping not matter how tight I made the screw.
I actually prefer the through the glass mirrors now. Super functional and they go with the styling of the car....not so much with the 124 spider which has a more rounded, organic shape.

Back