Vick Autosports coilover unboxing.

Ed, I think he has to install them first before he gives us a ride. Should I reserve my garage for when we install yours after you buy a set?

A review once you get them installed would be appreciated!
Will, do! The streets in and around Philly are complete crap, so it will really bring out any short comings in this suspension. Stay tuned and be sure to like and subscribe!

The kit looks pretty decent. Thanks for the video, it was easy to understand even with the American accent. ;)

Does this kit allow ride height adjustment? What spring rate did you get?

Beezee

Ed, I think he has to install them first before he gives us a ride. Should I reserve my garage for when we install yours after you buy a set?

LOL! I am not sure if mine would benefit from them... Besides, I am trying to keep mine period correct, hence the 80's cassette deck and stock wheels etc...

Just installed mine 2 weeks ago. Same spring package that Mike selected. Hard for me to give a great review since I don't remember what stock springs and struts feel like. I had old school Koni Red's on my ride since I bought it about 6 years ago. Unfourtunatley one of the Konis finally failed. So in short they feel as good if not a little better than the Konis I had on. A little less forgiving on the bumpy PA roads than the previous setup.
I'll be interested in your comparison Mike as I'm sure they are superior to stock.

225 front 285 rear. Yes they are height adjustable.
Sorry Mike I'll let you take back your thread now

225 front 285 rear. Yes they are height adjustable.
Sorry Mike I'll let you take back your thread now
Haha, your good man. I didnt really have anything useful to add anyhow lol. Any pics of your cars stance now that its on coils & 15s?

I follow your thread with great interest, as I have also recently (4 days worth) unpacked and puzzled out Vick's coilovers too.
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG

I'll have to make some short/shallow ramps, the floor jack won't clear the spoiler now; I sat her on bricks to get the jack out- hope she's high enough for speed bumps! Noticable excessive toe out at this height-but I don't have the rears on yet.

Jeff

Stance is lower than before but I didn't get too crazy, I'll leave that up to you :)
Ill take some pictures tomorrow.

Years ago my daughter's ricer boy friend helped a buddy put adjustable coilovers on a Honda Civic at my place. They went for the supper low look and then couldn't get the car to make the transition from my driveway to the street! Street conditions in the mid and upper Atlantic states are so bad that it's sadly not practical to set the Xs at the cool looking height. However, it must be really nice to tune the ride height of Xs by just turning a ring collar rather than cutting springs.

Carl, its true; the roads here suck ass! The way I figure it, is that since I give absolutely zero *#@ks, I'm going to lower it as much as possible and just roll with it. When the time comes that I want to autoX or drive down to run the Dragon; I can throw on my stock or current wheels and raise the height a few mm. As for driveways.... yeah, the struggle is real lol.

I really hope I can get the coils and exhaust installed before the Cars & Coffee in Bethlehem on the 26th. Im swamped with studies, so we will see.

Back