Video

Nice.

But the rear wing is on backwards.

And of course, _we_ all know the car is actually quite safe, even by modern standards.

Pair of twats

There something wrong with that car from his description of the steering and handling

Yep. Steering wheel was well off center and X1/9 steering would never be described as imprecise. Nor the suspension 'floaty'. On OE springs and struts it might be described as 'soft' but never 'floaty'.

That might be my favorite X1/9 upholstery pattern!
Just to give Dan nightmares check out how the dots gets eaten right out of the fragile material.

decrepit example but still..

ebay_332337755784_6.jpg

Just to give Dan nightmares check out how the dots gets eaten right out of the fragile material.

decrepit example but still..

View attachment 36510

Looks like an impeccably maintained :rolleyes: example!

Sadly, the Bertone-era cloth upholstery does not seem to age well. My sense is that the FIAT-era vinyl seemed to be much more durable. I know on my car with the burgundy-colored cloth/velour, the red tint to the burgundy rapidly devolves to a muddy brownish cast. That being said, I doubt if any manufacturer's fabric upholstery from the 60s, 70s and 80s could be expected to sparkle after 35+ years of sun and use.

On a Wheeler Dealers not to long ago, they did an 80s or early 90s Toyota something, maybe a Celica hatchback. It had a red interior and when Ant went to remove the rear carpeting it disintegrated in his hands as he was removing it. He mentioned that in the world of automotive upholstery, reds are the most susceptible to sun damage and deterioration.

I saw a Vermont (via Canada) FIAT Ritmo 130tc at HooptiCon at NJ Motorsports park in 2019 and I liked the seat pattern on that one, too. And yes, they were showing their age in the typical wear spots (bolster edges) as well.
20190608_124757.jpg

VW fabrics stand up pretty well. Particularly those of the 1985-1993 era.

UV is difficult regardless of the materials.

This was the fabric in my Milano I sold last year. Granted, this fabric is very fragile, but this one survived pretty well. Car had 109k on it when I sold it.

0596C3D3-62CC-4F77-A6A9-17543E340C19.jpeg
213A0964-B0D9-4560-BD6B-87154B805CB3.jpeg
1E8BB9BB-9C4B-4C84-AB02-B979AA1CD02B.jpeg
2800D298-124E-4FE9-9A51-F61BDA24D2F5.jpeg
B2FA10A4-4270-4FA1-B217-89A8E691A20E.jpeg

saw it yesterday. I agree with @NEG - couple of video idiots more interested in talking about their wristwatches. Can't believe they published a video without even taking the 10 minutes needed to read the Wikipedia entry on the X1/9 - they could've understood how Bertone built the chassis and shipped to FIAT for engine fitment all along then just received engines etc after based on the contract.

Bad brakes? C'mon - the X1/9 brakes are amongst the very best of the period. Steering vague/sloppy etc? WTF?

I stopped watching on the brakes comment. Everything beyond that is just gonna be idiotic verbal vomit for me.

Back