Vizza 8-port head

myfiat600d

Low Mileage
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with Vizza's 8-port head? I've been looking at them for a while for my 903 and am curious about how they perform. Link.

34M011.jpg

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with Vizza's 8-port head? I've been looking at them for a while for my 903 and am curious about how they perform. Link.

View attachment 45164
It looks like something we would all want. I didn’t see a price for it.

There are a few different vendors who offer something like this. Impossible to know if it is the same casting across the different companies.

FI system has been sold to Germany, 8-port head will be on 980cc motor with dual 32mm DCNF's.

Attachments

• IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 128
Does anyone have experience with Vizza's 8-port head? I've been looking at them for a while for my 903 and am curious about how they perform.
I'm curious about where a thermostat is mounted (or how that issue is resolved)? Also, does the Vizza have its own specific valve cover, or does it use a stock 850 cover? Seeing as how 2 of the 4 valve cover mounting studs are on top of the (edge of the) intake manifold, how is the resulting gap between the valve cover bottom & the head surface dealt with?

I'm curious about where a thermostat is mounted (or how that issue is resolved)? Also, does the Vizza have its own specific valve cover, or does it use a stock 850 cover? Seeing as how 2 of the 4 valve cover mounting studs are on top of the (edge of the) intake manifold, how is the resulting gap between the valve cover bottom & the head surface dealt with?
Good questions and observations.

The other heads like this had the coolant exit between the two pairs on the intake manifold as I recall. The whole how to hold a valve cover question does look like a fussy problem to resolve.

Good questions and observations.

The other heads like this had the coolant exit between the two pairs on the intake manifold as I recall. The whole how to hold a valve cover question does look like a fussy problem to resolve.
The "other heads" with the water exit are PBS late style heads offered in Europe. PBS has an agreement with Michael Feyl of Scuderina Topolino to market/produce them. The 8-port head I show has the water exit out the flywheel side of the head via the allen head plug area found in all 850 heads. The early type PBS head had the water exit above the front pulley end of the head. Jeff Stich has been marketing one of these outlets on Ebay and this forum. It's easy to use a free standing thermostat for temperature regulating purposes. Certain 124 Fiats have these and are available for around $20. The amount of external plumbing is a little hard to make look neat though. I hope I don't offend anyone by getting so far off track as to not limit my conversation to only the exact model in discussion. I thought that once the conversation was opened to "other 8-port heads" it might be within parameters....

BTW since the Vizza uses 5 head bolts to secure the intake manifold and has an extended edge going toward the rocker arm that might be how the tin valve cover is held down. That method would seem to be leak prone as any valve cover gasket/sealer would lessen with head bolt tension. Maybe a thin silicone layer?

Another observation: There seem to be two studs located on the intake manifold in the area of the two normal head studs. Possibly a nut holding a small paw extension pressing down on the tin edge? Seems better than my last guess.

Is yours a Vizza 8-port head, as well? (The intake mounting looks different between the Vizza 8P shown by the OP).
No,
mine is a totally fabricated 850 head conversion. Whoever did it must have owned a welding shop. Quality isn't up to the level of the PBS or Vizza head. It passed a pressure test and valve job but had a new valve seat installed probably due to it warping/popping out. I've had Chevrolet Corvair 140hp heads converted to three barrel Webber/Zenith carbs that were about the same quality. Plan is to mount two 32mmDCOF carbs to it.

Just heard back from Vizza, but in German, so Google translate leads me to believe this about them:
1. They are used heads and get reworked to 8-ports
2. No thermostat.
3. Cost is 1750 Euro
4. Intakes are built for Weber 40 DCOE
5. Shipping to US isn't a problem, but they will need to get estimate.

Here is their original reply in German:
Hallo Die zylinder kopf sind Gebraucht umbearbeitet in 4 kanal Passt an der Motor Block von A112 Abatrh an 600d past 34M011 end 34M0012.

Hallo der Zylinder kopf hat keine difference, Nur der Ansachbrücke ,Keine Thermostat

Kosten das Gleiche 1750,-€ Carburator Weber 40 DCOE Senden Nach USA Not Problem ,was kostet ? wir Müssen Nachfragen.

I had a discussion on Facebook with a gentleman from Argentina who claims to own one of these heads. I says he's very happy with it. Regarding the thermostat and mount, the coolant exits in the rear of the head (toward the firewall, see below). It doesn't need a special valve cover. To mount the cover, the guy said he created an 'S' piece out of aluminum to hold the intake side down.

Apparently the guy who makes them is Giuseppe La Russa and is a member of Facebook and lives in Trapani, Italy. The owner purchased the head directly from Giuseppe, not through Vizza.
Vizza installed.jpg

Last edited:
I had a discussion on Facebook with a gentleman from Argentina who claims to own one of these heads. I says he's very happy with it. Regarding the thermostat and mount, the coolant exits in the rear of the head (toward the firewall, see below). It doesn't need a special valve cover. To mount the cover, the guy said he created an 'S' piece out of aluminum to hold the intake side down.

Apparently the guy who makes them is Giuseppe La Russa and is a member of Facebook and lives in Trapani, Italy. The owner purchased the head directly from Giuseppe, not through Vizza.
View attachment 45889
Nice job of sleuthing that out!.

Not a lot of room to get that coolant out on most 850s.

Some serious cap screws on there.

Back