Wanted , 3 amp torpedo fuses

The ones that Karl referenced went to someone almost immediately. Unfortunately this size is no longer made so it will be difficult to find any. And frankly there's the possibility any used ones are not still in good condition after all these years. So you may consider one of the alternatives discussed in recent threads. Review these two for ideas:

If you are going to keep the car, just put in a Lada fuse block. Takes an hour or so to fit and ends dealing with ceramic fuses. It's pretty much a plug-n-play solution that has been covered here more than a few times.

This is excellent advice.

Cheap, easier fuses to find, much better functionality, reliability and servicability.

You need to make a bunch of insulated jumpers but that is pretty easy. Then unplug the leads circuit by circuit and you should be good to go. You could also get the smaller one so you can integrate additional circuits as needed. There are a bunch of other things it would be worth grabbing while you are there.

In this case I believe it is a '76 X, so the Lada fuse panel can work fairly easily. However for anyone considering changing the fuse panel on a early 1500 ('79 until they went to the new style box), it isn't so easy. There are more circuits on the car than the Lada panel will hold. Yes you can put two of them on, but now it is going beyond a "simple and quick, plug and play" job. Still can be done, but it may not be a task for everyone. Personally I've had many old cars with the "torpedo" or "Euro" style fuses and never found any problems with them. But I understand they aren't for everyone. :)

M & N? Is that wiring diagram of this bypass available somewhere?
Sorry, I don't know "m&n".
it's so simple I have never bothered with a diagram, just pull the wires off the back of the fuse block, and attach them to the inline fuse.

Let me know if you want links on my web store for the in line fuse holder and 3 amp fuse that fits the fuse holder.

Sorry, I don't know "m&n".
it's so simple I have never bothered with a diagram, just pull the wires off the back of the fuse block, and attach them to the inline fuse.

Let me know if you want links on my web store for the in line fuse holder and 3 amp fuse that fits the fuse holder.
Lol, sorry “M & N” seem to be the designated fuse locations in the service manual I’m reading. I’ll poke around your site :)

I did mention in the last post "small fuses for free" about these ...

I have a box full, they are faintly marked 8amp on the box but the wire looks way too skinny for 8amp to me, I think these are 3amp.

shipping from Australia wouldn't be economical for just a couple fo fuses though...

20190727_153427.jpg

SteveC

I did mention in the last post "small fuses for free" about these ...

I have a box full, they are faintly marked 8amp on the box but the wire looks way too skinny for 8amp to me, I think these are 3amp.

shipping from Australia wouldn't be economical for just a couple fo fuses though...

View attachment 48506

SteveC
How much to ship to 92672, USA Ca. rough estimate will do. Maybe there are enough folks here to spread the wealth :)

How much to ship to 92672, USA Ca. rough estimate will do. Maybe there are enough folks here to spread the wealth :)
Both you and Ron are in Ca, so if you combined your purchase as one it could be worth it?

the short fuses are $3aud each, I only have a limited qty (down to my last 40)

postage as a parcel up to 250 grams is $21aud plus packaging at cost, that gives you a tracking number and between 2 to 3 weeks delivery time

a regular letter, which I'd need to use a CD mailer ($2aud) is $4aud for up to 50 grams, and $9 for up to 125grams, but no tracking is possible, 25 days delvery time.

SteveC

Back