Wanted; a quad exhaust for a 87 X1/9

Make your own! :)

xweb-013.jpg

http://trazia.com/x19/exhaust.html

Regards

Monza muffler

Hi Todd. I still have 2 brand new NOS Monza quad tip X1/9 mufflers. Probably like the rotten one you have.

Back in the early nineties I bought was I was told were the last two that Monza had in stock. I never used either of them and they have been stored inside ever since.

They are quite cool. All 4 tips exit through the rear grill. You have to cut holes in the grill of course. They are designed to fit all X1/9s from '75-'80. They will fit on the '81 and later X1/9s, but the inlet is a little shorter, so you would have to modify it (or the pipe/converter leading into it ) to use on a later X1/9.

I always liked the look of the 4 tailpipes coming through the grill. Thought it was better than them exiting under the rear valance where ground clearance would be compromised.

But they stick out too far with my euro bumpers. Would be fine with stock bumpers. So I will probably either have to shorten the tailpipes or just sell them and make something from scratch.

Let me know if you are interested. Doug

Todd... as you see here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=dua...qLsnkoATe8IGQBA&ved=0CFUQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=753

There are a TON of DUAL Exhaust Tips available to build your own QUAD system... and they range from 5 bucks to 40 bucks to hundreds of bucks. Take your pick.

You can run then with or without a CAT, through the rear grille, under it and straight out, or under it and up-and-out at an angle...

Personally, I don't like any of them... but you can build your own for a bag of sand if ya want and get exactly what you want following Ricardo's ideas and directions.

($150 bucks gets ya a FCAW welder and helmet or you can actually CLAMP together one if ya want. In this case, even I, Mr. Frugal, would opt for the welder as the PERFECT excuse to get one! H-F is having a BIG Thanksgiving Day Sale this weekend too!)

Have a great holiday regardless... HTH!

OH... Almost forgot... Ricardo has FAZA decals and others to paste on your tips that will have others scratching their heads and asking YOU where they can get some!

Cool!

Doug, I had one of those - but I cut the dual tips, welded on single Ansa resonated tips and made an adapter to work with the later cars (intermediate pipe to the catalytic). I also made a cover for the original exhaust exit, held on by a neat clip that I made up.

It was freaking loud though.. even though it did sound good. I removed it, put the original back on with dual Ansa resonated tips.. I wish Ansa still made those tips!!!

Back