Wanted: DCNF Air horns

tigeravg

True Classic
Need a couple air horns for my dual DCNF's
Also (still) need a frunk carpet.

Got tons of stuff to trade or will by these parts outright if price is reasonable.
IMG_2648.jpg

Would love to switch to those on my 42s, but they require a different carb top than mine have. The repros Jeff linked to are about half the cost of the OE Weber trumpets.

but they require a different carb top
I have seen where the tops likes yours have been machined to remove the stock horns and allow these to be mounted. Although I'm not sure they offer that much benefit to warrant all that effort.

Note that there were two versions of the flat carb tops and air horns.
Completely flat as shown the online shops links above and ones that have a small location ring on the bottom of the stacks that fit into a matching recss in the top of the carbs. Ideally, you should use horns matching your carb tops.

Carb with recess and nonmatching air horn without ring:
3D5F0D9C-F929-483B-82A3-82FF53B68D60.jpeg

air horn with rings to match the carb above:
DA2FEE6E-6A09-476F-A287-37651A4FA18E.jpeg

You can machine normal covers to flat type, I did several times and all works as original, all aftermarket trumpets are flat on moutning side, from case to case I also made like aluminum rings to add on cover to fill space im covers that is hole all flat and nice.

I have seen where the tops likes yours have been machined to remove the stock horns and allow these to be mounted. Although I'm not sure they offer that much benefit to warrant all that effort.

I'm inclined to agree on the benefit, mostly I like the way they look. :cool: Though, the only time you'd see them is when the filters are off, which should be just about never in my case.

Someone on this very site just posted some HP numbers from a couple dyno pulls. I was surprised and impressed with the fact a jump from 101hp at the rear wheel jumped to 109hp with the simple addition of the air horns. Yeah, I know! I also have seat-of-the-pants first hand experience with this same phenomenon. My car "seemed" a bit snappier immediately after adding these things. Sadly, I no longer own them. Hence currently looking to grab another couple. And yup, they look cool as hell.

from 101hp at the rear wheel jumped to 109hp with the simple addition of the air horns
8 HP increase. I'm curious, that would be peak HP at redline? What did the rest of the power curve look like? And what about torque? Just wondering, I like to look at the whole picture.

Someone on this very site just posted some HP numbers from a couple dyno pulls. I was surprised and impressed with the fact a jump from 101hp at the rear wheel jumped to 109hp with the simple addition of the air horns. Yeah, I know! I also have seat-of-the-pants first hand experience with this same phenomenon. My car "seemed" a bit snappier immediately after adding these things. Sadly, I no longer own them. Hence currently looking to grab another couple. And yup, they look cool as hell.

He also increased the choke (main venturi) size from 32 to 34 IIRC which is likely the main reason for the increase.

Back