Wanted: set of 2 Abarth lettered Rubber hood holdown straps

abarth600

Daily Driver
i bought 2 of these from International auto many years ago but i can not find them anywhere anymore. i tried Auto Ricambi and Centerline Alfa and many other vendors but no luckIMG_1693.JPG

This will be it, as Mama sent her lawyers to visit the companies that were making reproductions with the name cast into them.
While I don't blame mama at all, it would be nice if she told the boys to start making the real stuff again. Otherwise the name just disappears eventually (speaking in very general terms). My point is I'd love to see a lot of old components go back into production; either from the original companies like this, or allow authorized reproductions from other makers. ;)

edit: I missed where you bought a set already so ignore the following...

I bought a pair of them on ebay.it last year. You can find them there under "Abarth coppia ganci". Good luck getting stuff from Italy any time soon.

One or more of the usual Fiat 600 parts vendors may have them. FDricambi.com has them for 8.15 Euro as in this photo. They're in The Netherlands and I don't know what shipping from there is like right now. Likely not good. Our son lives in Amsterdam and he's been hunkered down in his apt. for weeks with his friend and doesn't think things will change for some time. They don't go out and they get food delivered.

I bought a pair of the straps from our local Princess Auto, the Can. version of HF without any name on them. Exact same dimensions and fit and I'm keeping them for spares. The metal brackets on the "Abarth" set I got from ebay Italy were cheap thin tin and I actually used the ones from Princess Auto. Maybe the straps are all made in the same plant in China nowadays... :rolleyes:

There's 3 sizes of the straps and Berni Motori lists 2 on his website. BM has the straps with or without the brackets.

If you want them from Europe sooner than later, I'd find a vendor that ships parts by courier. Some go postal and it takes forever. I ordered a couple of small carb parts from Ireland a few weeks ago and the vendor can't ship by post office or courier at the moment until the virus situation has resolved itself. Couriers might be operating in Europe okay??

DI1068.jpg

Last edited:
Back