Wanted - strut top mounts

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by Jepp78bertone, May 15, 2018.

1. Jepp78bertone

Jepp78bertone True Classic

Hey guys,

I’m lookin for a set of x19 strut top mounts. Mine are lookin pretty sad.

This might be a shot in the dark, but does anybody have a set of mark plaia heavy duty ones for sale?

If not, I’d also be interested in a set of decent original ones.

Any advice on which aftermarket ones work best and which to avoid would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Josh

2. ng_randolph

ng_randolph Bjorn H

Check Fiatplus.com (Chris Obert). He normally stocks the Plaia strut tops as well as the strut tower doublers.

3. ng_randolph

ng_randolph Bjorn H

4. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I've seen a couple vendors with new "Plaia" upper mount available. Search online.

5. Jefco

Jefco It goes WHICH way?

While you have it apart, get the roller steering bearings too; they cut my steering effort in half.

Dr.Jeff likes this.
  6. ng_randolph

ng_randolph Bjorn H

These would be them.
    Some people rave about them, and I have never seen anyone complain about them. I have them on my car, but did not notice much difference. But then again, my front suspension was in good shape to begin with; everything clean and well greased.

7. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

The Scorpion came with a really nice sealed roller bearing assembly. They are a direct fit on the X1/9.

8. Chris Obert

Chris Obert autocrosser, X driver

Yes, I have the strut tops, Bigfoot strut doublets, and the Plaia steering bearings, all in stock. All designed by the late Mark Plaia.
    As Dr.Jeff points out, others are also offering products using Mark's name, but keep in mind all Plaia items purchased from me send royalties to Mark's surviving widow.
    Mark was one of my best friends, and business partners in many things. I respect our agreements.

kmead, Dr.Jeff, darwoodious and 2 others like this.
  9. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Good to know Chris. I wasn't sure who still offered these so wanted to let him know they are out there.