Welcome to Xweb V3

Hi Karl. Mark did all the work on the site. I was enslaved to my lovely wife getting the house ready for a family Thanksgiving dinner this week. Mark took the good job. ;)

I can only try to imagine the work that was put into this new setup. I like this forum not only because I get to read about others people's Fiats particularly X1/9's but for the easy going atmosphere with out dare I say it ...(politics) That said, I do not do well with change and this new layout is going to take some getting used to. For me at least. The content is the same so I suppose had I found this forum just to day I wouldn't know the difference and signed up but it just seems to be too spartan and more hassle to get into the posts. I will try my best to adapt. Cliff...........

Hi Karl. Mark did all the work on the site. I was enslaved to my lovely wife getting the house ready for a family Thanksgiving dinner this week. Mark took the good job. ;)
What are you trying to say ;)?

Well, he clearly did a great job, I haven't spoken to your wife to find out how you did on your responsibilities...

Well done! Really like the new look of this site. Thanks for all your hard work to make it happen.

Thanks for all the hard work to make this happen!

Still trying to get used to the new format, including how to get signature photos back. Seems the only way is to use a URL, but what ever I try, the image doesn't show. Trying to link to an image on flickr. Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

THANKS A BUNCH...

Like Greg said... I had trouble finding this thread... and as Cliff said... I (am too damn old and) don't adapt well to change.

HA!

I do miss the STRING to easily see who and what has been said in their replies by just scanning the forum, WITHOUT having to click on the thread to see.

Secondly, I miss the prepared closing "signature"... But just MAYBE, I haven't set up my options correctly???

Alas... I really DO appreciate all the time and effort you administrators and mods put into this site and wish you only the best!

Welcome Tony! I think your closing signature is still there, just not shown until you post.

Welcome Tony! I think your closing signature is still there, just not shown until you post.

From what I can see the old Xweb 2.0 had a "SIGPIC" html tag and this new software just uses regular IMG tags. You can see the "[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" in some signatures. I hand coded my Xweb 2.0 signature, so my pictures still appear. In the Xweb V3 sig editor, you can click on the little wrench in the upper right corner of the sig window to see the HTML code if you want to manually change the tags around your sig picture.

In short, if you want a picture in your signature, you need to re-insert the picture to your Xweb V3 signature. Or perhaps you can edit the old SIGPIC tags to be IMG tags? I can't test that since I didn't use the Xweb 2.0 SIGPIC to begin with.

Wow, this is different. My aging eyes will adjust. Thanks for the commitment! Now, where is everything.....

Is Tapatalk (a phone app to read forums) support planned like before?
Or is it already there and I didn't find the new forum in Tapatalk?

Happy Thanksgiving all from the (very, very, very) rainy Pacific Northwest. Thanks, Mark, for the update to our great website. Only thing I really miss is the little 'X' drawings that accompanied the different threads. It's probably possible to replace the "talking" bubbles with those at some point, right?

Happy Thanksgiving all from the (very, very, very) rainy Pacific Northwest. Thanks, Mark, for the update to our great website. Only thing I really miss is the little 'X' drawings that accompanied the different threads. It's probably possible to replace the "talking" bubbles with those at some point, right?

Possible - yes certainly. Initial exploration revealed that it was buried quite deeply in the code though, so much more than a simple image path substitution. The graphics may need to be reworked a little bit too. On the list but not a high priority at this stage.

I didnt see this thread. Mark please delete the thread I posted. No need cluttering up the new site. Thanks for all the hard work.

Back