Well I finally pilled the trigger, purchased a 2013 Abarth 500C

Discussion in 'Nuova 500' started by Kevin Channer, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Kevin Channer

Kevin Channer True Classic

Well I followed my heart and purchased an Abarth 500C, Its a 2013 with 42k miles and looks well loved, has a clean mechanical bill of health, and on budget, under $10k. One item that was on my wish list leather interior, it does not have but I may not miss that. After some extended seat time I will be making some changes to the suspension. It is currently lowered with possibly H&R springs but it is riding too harsh, I maybe will change the shocks to Koni yellow struts or ? IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0305.JPG

JimD and myronx19 like this.
  2. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

Very nice! Congratulations!

Mine rides on stock springs and struts. It's "tight", but feels pretty good (I'm also on 17"). I love driving mine, it's hilarious! Makes my morning commute a lot more fun.

3. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

Congratulations Kevin. I hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new ride.

4. Kevin Channer

Thanks guys, also thanks for sharing your ownership experiences, I will keep you posted about mine.

myronx19 likes this.
  5. lookforjoe

lookforjoe True Classic

Nice! Looks good in White/Black accents & wheels :)

I wanted my wife to buy this, but she didn’t like the seats. If it wasn’t for that silly pull strap that looks ragged on even low mileage cars, I might have persuaded her :D

6. Kevin Channer

There is the GQ option which has the full Abarth drivetrain with the premium 500 lounge interior and it is a convertible. Two other contenders in my personal search were the Volvo C30 and the Audi A3, the Volvo was difficult to find in my budget with low miles and a manual trans. The Audi A3 is also pricey and hard to find in a manual with the S package. I will be changing my suspension soon as the ride is like a track car but not dialed in. The stock strut/shocks are not performing well with lowering springs.

7. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

Interestingly, my 2013 has 133,000 kms on it and the straps are perfect! My car had two booster seats in the back seat - so those straps were used quite often to access the previous owner's kids!

I believe the later cars do not have the strap, at least not the ones I saw in Europe (I saw a 595 and a 695 at the Barcelona car show last year).

8. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

Stole this pic off the net - it's the 595 seats, no strap!

upload_2018-10-11_20-26-15.png

lookforjoe likes this.