Well that didn’t last long....lol

Yes fixing all the ills of multiple past owners is expensive and (or) time consuming. We all loathe the Previous Owner (PO for short) and spend an undue amount of time resolving the sins of the past.

Electrical is always the most expensive overall as it requires parsing out the problem and then fixing the problem, you are paying for both.

From the other pictures you have shown I suspect there will be other electrical repairs in your future. I am lucky with both of my old Fiats in that the OE electrical was never effed with so they don’t have repairs all over the place and rewiring of questionable quality. The old OE systems wasn’t actually bad it just needs to be maintained and not overloaded.

Given the above statement, I recommend you learn a bit more about electrical so you can save yourself money on repairs which require few tools and just thinking through the problem and then executing the solution.

In any case, getting the car up to baseline snuff is going to take a bit.

Imagine what your Lexus would be like in 40 years. (It will be in a junkyard because one of the computers failed and they are no longer available as the last spare computers were all sold 8 years before.)

Back