What’d ya do with your X120 today?

Wiesco pistons for the 2.0l Lampredi TC headed for# 209. 84.5mm bore, 356 grams, about 10:1 compression.
Wiesco for Lampredi TC, top.JPG

Wiesco pistons for Lampredi TC, bottom.JPG

Bernice

Mystery of#209 continues. Seller of# 209 noted the turbo engine experienced a cylinder head gasket failure. Since most of the stuff is off the Lampredi TC, did not take long to remove the cylinder head to reveal.... head gasket is OK, mixture was extremely rich. This was one of the crude ways detonation control was done back in the late 1970's early 1980's for aftermarket turbo systems. Really inadequate in SO many ways, but the marketing and bait for more go got many of these hokey aftermarket turbo systems sold.
Lancia# 209, cyl head & gasket off.JPG

Core bits used to turbo# 209 appears to be from Legend Industry turbo set up from the US of A Fiat turbo spider. The cylinder head was copper O-ringed with over sized valves installed. Other than that, it's stock US of A scorpion 1800cc Lampredi TC.
Lancia# 209, cyl head.JPG

The coolant pump was the common 16mm impeller version, not the higher flow rating 18mm impeller version specific to the Scorpiacarlo or VX. This could have easily produce over heating in# 209.

Lancia# 209, short block & gear box.JPG

Bernice

Paint stripping in the battery box area of# 209 continues. Decided to do much the same on LH since it's apart. Once prep is done, brackets and such for the Monte headlight conversion will be done, then primer-paint-assemble.
Lancia# 209, battery box paint strip.JPG

Battery box inside:
Lancia# 209, battery box paint strip inside.JPG

May as well do the LH side while it's all apart.
Lancia# 209, RH headlight area paint strip.JPG

Frunk not too bad:
Lancia# 209, frunk.JPG

Bernice

Part of my interior re-install that I've been doing over that couple of weeks. I fixed my broken center console, repaired and reinstalled the rear parcel shelf using my 3D printed seat belt trim rings, and installed the Monte Hospital seat belts. Details in my build thread.

tJ

rearshelf2.jpg

Broken center console
brokenconsole8.jpg

Not-so-broken center console:
brokenconsole6.jpg

dont "dip" a car. I have done it 2 times. For the race car no big issue. But for a street car it is a death warrant... it rusted out from the unprotected seams, no matter what we did couldn't stop it!!! just my humble opinion..

An unexpected mini-project...making the right roof release catch work properly. Previously, I had located the correct roof release catch for it and installed it, but it was loose and nothing I did would make it tight. I could close the roof but opening it was ... unreliable. I fixed this today. Details in my build thread if you're interested.

tJ

Starting to look like a Monte, nose band is up as it is resting on the grill top.
Heh... Making the head light bracket was "interesting".. separate post on all that later.

Lancia# 209, Monte MU_LH.JPG

Lancia# 209, Monte MU_RH.JPG

Bernice

Cut my windshield out. What a job. Now to clean up the channel.
I should start a new reality show. Called "Tiny Garage" or "Who needs space!"
IMG_20200723_094447.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_092639_01.jpg
    IMG_20200723_092639_01.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 110
You didn't try hooking a battery to the wire in the butyl seal? I always wondered how well that worked. Miserable work, cleaning the channels. I did that for the rear and side windows.

How many hoods do you need? :)

tJ
Cut my windshield out. What a job. Now to clean up the channel.
I should start a new reality show. Called "Tiny Garage" or "Who needs space!"View attachment 34624

The windshield looked like a replacement, the sealant still looked "fresh" and there was no wire. There was a wire in the back window but I did not apply 12v to it.

The hood I saved from my parts car, its kinda rusty. I want to make a fiberglass mold out of it. Its on the list.

I don't know about the Scorpion, but the X requires 24 volts (two batteries in series) to the two wires in the seal to heat it.
I would imagine the Scorpions were the same. I wish I'd known about that trick before I took out my windows.

tJ

Last edited:
Today I got the door panels back on. The lock pulls are a bit fiddly to get back on and I was scratching my head for a little while trying to remember what order the panel and inner window seal went in. But they went on OK. The PO painted the armrests and didn't do such a good job at it. I'm redoing those now and will get them back on tomorrow.

tJ

Last edited:
Finished painting the armrests in SEM trim black and they came out great. Put them on the doors.

doorpanels1.jpg

Then found my glove box in the rafters, opened it, and found a set of OEM wheel center caps, which I had assumed that I never owned. I purchased a set from eBay about a year ago. Now I have 2 sets.

centercaps.jpg

tJ

Nothing too exciting...put my sun visors back in. The hardest part about that was finding proper screws to work with the countersunk holes in the visor mounts.

I also noticed that the SLOW DOWN/REPLACE CATALYST/EGR lamp bezel on my console is missing a chunk.

owdown.jpg

I'm going to have a go at remaking it on CAD.

tJ

Back