What’d ya do with your X120 today?

Discussion in 'X1/20 Forum' started by Chad C., Oct 19, 2018.

1. Chad C.

Chad C. Daily Driver

8C46047B-CD88-40A9-B1A3-74E34D8681B9.jpeg A9D64172-69B7-4856-A0CC-E3161D905D84.jpeg 53DADCE0-ACC0-444E-9AF6-DE478B2EB8C8.jpeg 54CF2408-0AA0-4B68-8B25-0B4F8CB9C200.jpeg 6B734CB8-BF06-4579-A2DE-18A572C9D4ED.jpeg I wonder if much of the work done on our cars is so incremental as to not inspire a post about it, but yet something did happen. If so, this thread might catch on. Seeing my avitar this much in the forum makes me worry about over-sharing, hope I’m not irritating.

My seats came in the mail today, $269 of awesomeness from eBay. I’m really happy with the fit & look of them, and they come with mounting brackets. They weigh 17 lbs each, much lighter than the factory seats that were trashed in my car.
    I’ve been waiting to completely reinstall my carpet until I have the mounting of the seats figured out, so far they’re just set in place. I’m 35 inches at the waist, and they’re a snug fit. Good incentive to lose this extra ten lbs...

My car is running well, took it for a blast up the hill with the new seats sitting in place just before dark. Loud, rev-happy and in desperate need of real tires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RETRO-CLAS...546860?hash=item5d7e5659ec:g:39cAAOSwQGhbIB69

2. kmead

kmead True Classic

You have a long way to go before you are over sharing.

Nice, I like the silver vents which give a neat contrast. Yeah, the 10lbs will come off with the calisthenics you will be doing to get in and out of those seats :)

Looks great. Now get out and drive that thing! (After bolting down the seats of course...)

3. Hermanzini

Hermanzini Daily Driver

Very nice seats!

Is that the original carpet or an aftermarket one?

4. Chad C.

Chad C. Daily Driver

image.jpg image.jpg

It's the factory carpet that I removed & restored. I began by washing it at a car wash, then failed twice with traditional fabric dyes before using an off the shelf upholstery dye. Came up pretty well with some effort. Getting it out in one piece was a lot of work.

5. RJ80

RJ80 True Classic

I've always thought the design of the stock seats is one of the more interesting parts of the car, but your seats really look nice in the Scorpion. Almost like they were made to be there.

6. Chad C.

Chad C. Daily Driver

A99946D9-1B86-41B9-A383-49EE1C518712.jpeg 1957CA3A-5451-4C43-AB90-14CD81CFE8D9.jpeg FD9CB91F-BB5C-4FBA-B705-E1ACD2E06322.jpeg 0C75B894-2E05-4F96-818E-26CEB507BBCD.jpeg Cleaned up the trans & surrounding areas this afternoon. Two tins of Brake cleaner, some abrasive pads, compressed air, Sea Foam in a spray bottle, and some effort.

A very relatable task that defines the phrase “better than it was”...

Still trying to sell the idea of this thread, if you washed your car’s windows today, post pics of it here. If you stared intently at your car, tell us about it!

I’m hoping to see other people’s X120s & what’s being done to them, no matter how insignificant.

aarpcard likes this.
  7. RJ80

RJ80 True Classic

Careful what you wish for! This is pretty insignificant to most, but not to me: my Scorpion #1733 finally arrived at my new home after an out of state move this past June. It had been vacationing at my in-laws' garage these past five months but now we've been reunited. I've still got one heck of a laundry list to even get it back on the road (see my thread here in this section), but I do have nearly all the parts ready to go and newfound motivation to see it through. Aiming to have the car back on the road for the start of summer here in the PNW.
    IMG_7073.JPG

8. Chad C.

Chad C. Daily Driver

Bringing it home is a pretty significant event, that has to feel good. Glad you've got renewed enthusiasm about it. It looks great next to your 75, I envy the combo.

There we have it, what another of us did with his X120 today. Who's next?

RJ80 likes this.
  9. Pete Whitstone

Pete Whitstone True Classic

Well, it was yesterday, not today... and I'm not sure I can call it a Scorpion anymore. But I drained some of the water from the coolant system and replaced it with antifreeze, since it is sure to get below freezing this month. Ran the engine up to temp to ensure it was circulated into the block.

Other recent work - front clamshell area - roughed out the lower latch area in between the door and tire, mounted latch. Working on contour line that runs from top of clamshell down to latch area. Pretty rough right now.

IMG_2144.JPG

Added retaining straps to front clamshell. Quick release at the radiator top mount bolt with a small pin.

IMG_2145.JPG

Still working on the "flares" that continue the wide part of the door bottom, in between the door and the rear wheel.

IMG_1962.JPG

Hasbro, kmead and lanciahf like this.
  10. Chad C.

Chad C. Daily Driver

Damn, Pete! That's coming along nicely. Just now checked out your wordpress blog on this, it's going to be amazing. Much thanks for sharing your progress here : )