What’d ya do with your X120 today?

Ulix

True Classic
Do you still need those three lights?
Seems to me that on 90% of our cars, these 3 lights don't do anything anymore.

motoTrooper

True Classic
Nothing too exciting...put my sun visors back in. The hardest part about that was finding proper screws to work with the countersunk holes in the visor mounts.

I also noticed that the SLOW DOWN/REPLACE CATALYST/EGR lamp bezel on my console is missing a chunk.

View attachment 34800

I'm going to have a go at remaking it on CAD.

tJ
I was going to offer you mine but where the heck to they mount? Looking at my old pics I guess I didn't have them.

think jedi

True Classic
That bezel holds the 3 lights. The bezel attaches to the left side of the center console...the part that juts out. While I don't need the lights and don't expect them to ever light up, I do want the console to look nice. So I made this.

slowdown2.jpg
slowdown1.jpg

slowdown3.jpg

The bezel will have to cure in the sunlight tomorrow. I'll give a light sanding with 400 grit and a shot of paint, pop the lamps in there, and call it good.

tJ

think jedi

True Classic
So I didn't realize the EGR/SLOW DOWN/REPLACE CATALYST lamps were a California car thing. Most of the pics I see on the net don't show this cluster that is mounted on the side of the console in the driver's footwell.

I finished curing, sanding, and reinstalling the warning lamp cluster yesterday.

tJ

warninglamps5.jpg

think jedi

True Classic
When the car wants me to pull over for a cappuccino. :p

Actually, I believe it comes on when the catalytic converter gets too hot. None of these lights are ones you really want to see illuminate.

tJ

think jedi

True Classic
Took her out for a shakedown cruise and found I had a leaking expansion tank cap. The tank is from a Volvo 740 so luckily that's an easy part to get locally.

tJ

think jedi

True Classic
Tried puzzling out how to get the fuel sender out of the tank with a full tank of gas without make a complete mess of gas everywhere and failed.

I did, however, fix my non-working turn signal indicator, hazard indicator, and one of the back light lamps on the cluster.

tJ

think jedi

True Classic
Pumped out 5 gallons of gas so I can safely pull the fuel sender from the tank. The garage reeks of gas now. Wife isn't going to be happy.

tJ