What’d ya do with your X120 today?

OK, so the rear wheel bearing retainer was complete garbage and I don’t have a replacement. Does anyone out there have a retainer? Chris Obert and MW Bayless don’t.
tJ

Are you looking for the big rear wheel bearing retaining nut ?? If so..there were two different types. Look at the pics. I think i still have a couple of new nuts in stock. Pics of them - and the tool for them - can be found here:

And yes...the nuts are VERY difficult to find.......and be prepared for "wallet shock".......

Any questions...just ask.

Doug

What have I done? Got back on this forum after a long absence. Really enjoying the discussion about Scorpicarlos. @Chad C, love those replacement seats. One thing the originals are missing are side bolsters. Looks like you've fixed that. (However, I will say I find the original seats to be very comfortable on a long drive.)

Are you looking for the big rear wheel bearing retaining nut ?? If so..there were two different types. Look at the pics. I think i still have a couple of new nuts in stock. Pics of them - and the tool for them - can be found here:

And yes...the nuts are VERY difficult to find.......and be prepared for "wallet shock".......

Any questions...just ask.

Doug

Doug, yes, that's the nut I'm talking about. I appreciate everyone's responses. It turns out that Midwest Bayless has gotten the 75mm nut and corresponding 65mm tool so I ordered them. I wish I had seen this before though...although the nut wasn't that expensive, the tool certainly was. :/

tJ

That is a thing of beauty. Looks like five lug alloys from a GTV6 applied there. Lancia did have a model with the Busso V6, I forget which one (Kappa?) Made the valve cover lettering a snap. Always loved the 6 individual polished stainless intake runners on the 3.0 Busso V6...

I noticed its missing its hand brake in the standard location and it appears to have power windows, but the buttons for it are missing from their standard location. Looks like a quality result. That's about the only motor swap I'd do.

Saw this on the FB group. A very nicely done Busso swap:

Clearly not mine. Really great work. I love that he had Lancia lettering applied to the intake.

Ken is an occasional vistor to this forum, under the handle "KenS".

I was the first passenger in that car, kind of before it was ready. No real instrumentation, no seatbelts, seats not bolted down... It was a hell of a ride!

Pete

I was the first passenger in that car, kind of before it was ready. No real instrumentation, no seatbelts, seats not bolted down... It was a hell of a ride!

Pete
He has done a superlative job. Very impressive indeed.

Got Sofia back from the shop...rear wheel bearing is replaced and the car is quiet back there again. They confirmed the passenger side bearing is tight and good. The shifter bushings have transformed the gearbox. I didn't realize how bad it was until they were replaced. The car is a real pleasure to drive.

tJ

Pete
Do you know? Did he change the front hubs or use adapters to make the Alfa wheels fit. Never seen them on a Lancia, they look good.

I chased down an exhaust leak that turned out to be the connection between the exhaust manifold and the down pipe. Since this is an ANSA exhaust, the standard gaskets don't work. I ended up getting an X1/9 gasket, which looked correct but was a little off...the bolt holes didn't quite line up. But after a little cutting of the gasket, I got it. Now it's as quiet as it should be (which, for an ANSA, isn't very). :D But at least all the noise is coming out of the tail pipes and not the seams.

tJ

That's a good tip, as I'll have to make my own gaskets for the Monza quad tip that I over-restored during the earlier COVID shutdown. It represents the time so many of us had/have as a result of things...

It's hard to tell just how loud a car is with a posted video, but a general sound check of induction and exhaust would be of interest to me and likely others.

Attachments

• EXHAUST !.png
    EXHAUST !.png
    976.4 KB · Views: 127
  • EXHAUST 3.PNG
    EXHAUST 3.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • EXHAUST 4.png
    EXHAUST 4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • Exhaust 5.png
    Exhaust 5.png
    973.4 KB · Views: 121
Dropped my car off at the paint shop. This has been a complete restoration down to bare metal. She will be kept her original metallic blue.
A year later, she is back from the paint shop.

Attachments

• A420CAC5-8D0C-4C31-9BB5-AA7DD4FB4543.jpeg
    A420CAC5-8D0C-4C31-9BB5-AA7DD4FB4543.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 143
  • F40419AD-0CA4-4C88-B37D-AEA5CAEF3D1A.jpeg
    F40419AD-0CA4-4C88-B37D-AEA5CAEF3D1A.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 07115743-B7B3-4800-9986-6F210C027ABD.jpeg
    07115743-B7B3-4800-9986-6F210C027ABD.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 132
Back