What color bumpers would look best?

Also, get some proper 74/ 1300 euro small bumper turn signals and a suitable grille and your car would look damn near perfect.

Black is a very much "in your face" color choice with a light color car. I'd leave it chrome or paint it body colored. Bumpers shouldn't be an eye grabbing feature of a car.

Proper black 1300 Euro bumpers look great on silver too. Saw this on one of the fb X groups this morning.

3D1CA510-FEB5-4EC6-A142-AC6C295AEA85.png

Great color, have seen a silver early car before.
My project car (1980) is silver, and presently does not have the bumpers attached. The paint is in terrible shape so I was not planning on it staying silver, but this makes me revisit that decision.

Last edited:
So, I realize not everyone likes these bumpers but after those of you who replied spent the time to do so, I figured I owed it to you to post a few pics of the final outcome. Again, they're not for everyone, but for the most part, I' happy with how they turned out. What do you think?
20211004_113003.jpg
20211004_113021.jpg
20211004_112949.jpg

ugh, SO close, yet SO far.

Sorry man, can't stand them at all. Would look so good with proper early bumpers on it.

Haha, guess that's what I get for asking! Probably won't do that again. While I don't like them all, I enjoy seeing what people do to make their cars their own. It would be a very boring world if cars all looked the same. Everything I changed on the car so far can be reversed and I've kept the original parts , including the bumpers, in case someone wants to swap it all back at some point.

While I don't like them all, I enjoy seeing what people do to make their cars their own. It would be a very boring world if cars all looked the same.
Amen! I fully appreciate the creativity, effort, and time that went into making it the way YOU wanted. After all it is YOUR car. As for what anyone else wants/likes, let them do that to THEIR cars. :);)

I also appreciate the level of craftsmanship that went into this. The final product looks very well done and cleanly finished. Great work! 🏆

Overall your car looks fantastic. Nice wheels, great color combination, clean and well sorted. Very nice example.

Amen! I fully appreciate the creativity, effort, and time that went into making it the way YOU wanted. After all it is YOUR car. As for what anyone else wants/likes, let them do that to THEIR cars. :);)

I also appreciate the level of craftsmanship that went into this. The final product looks very well done and cleanly finished. Great work! 🏆

Overall your car looks fantastic. Nice wheels, great color combination, clean and well sorted. Very nice example.
Thanks!!

So, I realize not everyone likes these bumpers but after those of you who replied spent the time to do so, I figured I owed it to you to post a few pics of the final outcome. Again, they're not for everyone, but for the most part, I' happy with how they turned out. What do you think?
Looks great!
push BJ over the cliff and swap the rear amber turn signal lens with red!
Oh yeah!! haha

red lens.jpg

Looks great!
push BJ over the cliff and swap the rear amber turn signal lens with red!
Oh yeah!! haha

View attachment 53153
That's another touch I love, all red lenses. :) I have a new set of original Fiat red ones like in the sample pic. But I've decided to take it even further and not use the stock tail lights at all. Instead I'm installing a custom set with aftermarket LED lights. ;)

These look fantastic, fit, finish and color. Great take on a bumper mod that isn't the same Euro bumpers we see everywhere else. I would have done them black personally but thats only because the wheels have a black center and would've tied it all together nicely. That being said, this was a great alternative.

Back