What did I buy ?

RallyLanciaWannabe

True Classic
I just picked up the 75 Beta Coupe for $1900 from Facebook Marketplace sight unseen.
besides needing my head examined and a tetanus shot I have a question.
I am telling people I bought a Lancia Beta Coupe.
pronounced in my Upstate NY accent as
Lan-Sha
Bay-tah
Coop
Now I watch videos on YouTube and they call it a Beta Coupe
Pronounced
Bee-tah
Cooo-pay
like beater and toupee.
What’s the correct pronunciation?
the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet is pronounced Beta not Bee-tah no?
thanks Anthony

Attachments

• 3A5D4C2F-6464-4601-98DB-6FAC6CE055BD.jpeg
    3A5D4C2F-6464-4601-98DB-6FAC6CE055BD.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 163
That looks like a complete car. From the outside, will be interesting to see it after the cleanup. And when you get it running.
theEuro bumpers make a big difference for weight reduction, and looks.

That looks like a complete car. From the outside, will be interesting to see it after the cleanup. And when you get it running.
theEuro bumpers make a big difference for weight reduction, and looks.
Thanks Ron, it’s pretty complete. From what I’m told it has not run in a few years and needs a fuel pump. Long term project.

At first I thought you bought the one in PA, but that car is a 81. The Beta Coupes were always one of my favorites, really good looking cars.

I just picked up the 75 Beta Coupe for $1900 from Facebook Marketplace sight unseen.
Lan-Sha
Bay-tah
Coop
Pronounced
Bee-tah
Cooo-pay
like beater and toupee.
thanks Anthony
Congratulations!

Anthony,
I would say your pronounciation is the correct one in US english.
British english is coo-pay, but I am not sure if they say bee-tah.

I can‘t type the italian pronounciation with english writing. 😁

I did buy one out here in the Golden State a couple of months ago for about that money--- relatively low-rust, a Twin-Cam that sorta runs, and-- <<wait for it>>-- some peculiar electrical behaviors.

Good luck with this one! Mine destined to be a rally queen, not a resto candidate.

I did buy one out here in the Golden State a couple of months ago for about that money--- relatively low-rust, a Twin-Cam that sorta runs, and-- <<wait for it>>-- some peculiar electrical behaviors.

Good luck with this one! Mine destined to be a rally queen, not a resto candidate.
I think we are in the same boat on different coasts

Attachments

• 194D6198-510B-4E5D-AB1A-6A960EBC1449.jpeg
    194D6198-510B-4E5D-AB1A-6A960EBC1449.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 103
Lan-Sha
Bay-tah
Coop
Pronounced
Bee-tah
Cooo-pay
like beater and toupee.
thanks Anthony
As I understand it, it's Lon-cha. Check any translation site for "lance" in Italian

I am going to look at one this weekend. A 1979 coupe that is supposedly rust free. Not running but looks to be in good condition except for a small fender bender in left front corner but has all the parts to fix it. Garaged since 1997, the rust free part is what has me the most interested, would be a fun addition to the family.

dherr, when I showed up to look at the X I got from you your garage was full of Brit cars (I think you had the one Scorpion at that time?). Now I have to come back up and look at all the Italian cars in your garage!

Lan-Sha
Bay-tah
Coop
Pronounced
Bee-tah
Cooo-pay
like beater and toupee.
thanks Anthony
"Hansel - so hot right now"

I am going to look at one this weekend. A 1979 coupe that is supposedly rust free. Not running but looks to be in good condition except for a small fender bender in left front corner but has all the parts to fix it. Garaged since 1997, the rust free part is what has me the most interested, would be a fun addition to the family.
The yellow one? Its a lot more $$ but did you see the one in Newport News?

The British cars are still there (TR8 and a GT6), but yes been having some fun with the Italians, that is for sure. I always liked the Lancias back in the day, Beta Coupes and Zagatos were pretty rare in PA, but we had a kid in high school who's dad had a bright red Zagato and he would take it to school, which was really cool. This coupe I am going to look at is really solid, so it might be coming home with me, who knows?

Back