What did I buy ?

The yellow one? Its a lot more $$ but did you see the one in Newport News?
Yes, the yellow one is 15 minutes from my house. He also has a scorpion, Merak, and what looks like a Fulvia Zagato. The Zagato in Newport News looks really nice, I have been trying to talk my wife into letting me get it for the summer as she wants a fun convertible to drive when it is nice. The yellow car could be a good deal if it is as clean as he says it is and it comes with a ton of spare parts.

Yes, the yellow one is 15 minutes from my house. He also has a scorpion, Merak, and what looks like a Fulvia Zagato. The Zagato in Newport News looks really nice, I have been trying to talk my wife into letting me get it for the summer as she wants a fun convertible to drive when it is nice. The yellow car could be a good deal if it is as clean as he says it is and it comes with a ton of spare parts.
I've known him since about 1991 when I got my Scorpion. He was always at Carlisle Import shows.

Even more dangerous when they are in your backyard and I don't have to get everything moved immediately. Still thinking about it, do like the coupes, like the Zagato better, so need to decide soon.

I like that car better as it is fuel injected and is originally red with the black leather interior. But it looks rusty, and I suspect there is much more under the surface judging by the rockers and the rear wheel wells. The yellow car is really solid, and really only needs the front fender repair and bumper replaced (which come with the car). I think the yellow car could be put back on the road with the usual fuel system and brake/clutch work done and some light body work done. So definitely a better proposition than tackling a rusty Lancia.

Even more dangerous when they are in your backyard and I don't have to get everything moved immediately. Still thinking about it, do like the coupes, like the Zagato better, so need to decide soon.
I have my own mini junkyard in my back yard. 8 spiders, 2 zagatos, 2 scorpions and 5 3000gt's. Good thing I live deep in the country with neighbors who dont care, or at least dont say anything. They are hidden from sight from the outside of the property though.

That doesnt include the ones not im my back yard, which are runners or at the school. 3 spiders, 2 scorpions, 1 zagato, 1 124 coupe and a 3000gt convertible

Think i need to call Fiats anonymous. I have a problem!

Last edited:
Did you get the yellow one, I see it still listed for sale.
Not yet, still talking with him, picked up a 20 ft container of Citroen SM parts this weekend, so been kind of preoccupied but free is free! Ended up getting several interiors including seats to replace my cracked leather seats, so well worth the trip and the U-haul charges. Anyone need 9 Citroen SM front fenders?

Back