What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Ok, quick question. How did you wire your dual stock fans? I recently installed a dual stock fan setup but I’m worried about the added load they’ll take....I just wired them together in series. Any suggestions??

I don't have AC so I am just wiring it using the stock harness. If I was going to do two fans, I would use a relay setup so you don't overload the main circuit.. Unless you have AC, you might want to try just one fan and see how long it takes to cycle on and off. You might be surprised at how effective the single stock fan really is...

Ed

What year is your car Mike? The later cars were wired for a second (AC) fan, with an empty relay socket in the drop tray.
If you wired two fans in series, they will run at half speed.

I put a switch on my '86
IMG_1039.JPG
If you have this socket, you probably have the wiring in place at the radiator; mine even had the second fan, never powered on until I got it!

7472D667-3FC6-4238-AF1A-F68D9AFC26C9.jpeg
4A56BC73-BFB9-403F-95E1-AC762636CDF8.jpeg
E95C3C83-1532-452A-9C7D-F3A72FABDDE2.jpeg
B6B50864-3F73-4653-8DE9-2A255532AE89.jpeg
Ok, so not everyone will appreciate this but I upgraded my headlights. The new leds are on the right compared to the stock bulb on the left. First is low, second is high. There are both a white and yellow halo. I plan on having the white halo on a manual switch and the yellow hooked up to the blinker.

We finally got a good weather day this year (60s and sun) so I decided to take the X out for a long ride. About 40 of the 51 miles was along narrow winding mountain roads. This photo is on a ridge at about 2,000 feet looking out toward the Pacific:

1974 Fiat X19 at Turnout on Alpine Road - 2020_01_31.jpg

I managed to make it out to the ocean while it was still warm and the sun was still out:

1974 Fiat X19 at Pomponio Beach - 2020_01_31.jpg

Its going over the pits so I had to do a few things. Shimmed the drivers door so it closes level. Fixed the wingscreen washers. Speeded up the wipers. Reafixed the door and roof seals. Fed the leather seats and polished them. Changed the wheels over to the original 13"s. Got the radio/cd player going, replaced the front left wheel bearing and then went for a drive.

It got up to 65F here today with a lovely bright sun, so I took the 85 and 86 Xs out for a spin. Had to charge the battery on the 86, but otherwise all went well. Driving the 2 Xs back to back gives me a good feeling about the mildly modded 85 vs the stock 86. The 85 is much more sure footed and not a lot harsher. I think I may start making some upgrades on the 86, but nothing crazy.
IMG_1986.JPG
The 86 just rolled over to 37,000 miles last fall, so I will start by replacing some normal maintenance things like the strut top mounts and maybe the struts. I have a full NOS set of KYBs still in the box on a shelf somewhere around here.

View attachment 28663 View attachment 28662 View attachment 28661 View attachment 28660 Ok, so not everyone will appreciate this but I upgraded my headlights. The new leds are on the right compared to the stock bulb on the left. First is low, second is high. There are both a white and yellow halo. I plan on having the white halo on a manual switch and the yellow hooked up to the blinker.

I used the same bulbs on my bike that I build last year. Super bright lights. Helps people see me even at noon on a June day. Might be handy on the X.

cx500_14_front_righsm.jpg

nice moped! should be loud judging by that small muffler..also better dont drive on wet roads without rear mudguard; did you built it by yourself?

Buttoned up the VAS header and exhaust install after flushing fuel system, adding a pre-pump filter, new regular filter and flushing the injectors. Oh! And installing ngk iridium plugs. Anyway, a bit stubborn to start but otherwise good!

I used the same bulbs on my bike that I build last year. Super bright lights. Helps people see me even at noon on a June day. Might be handy on the X.

View attachment 29052
Nice bike build, moar photos or a link? I had a Silverwing monoshock too, loved the sound of cored mufflers on overrun on these. One of the few bikes I didn't mod too much because the wife enjoyed riding on the back.

nice moped! should be loud judging by that small muffler..also better dont drive on wet roads without rear mudguard; did you built it by yourself?
It is a mostly bare metal bike so no wet driving anyway. Yes it is one of my builds. This was built to highlight some of our carbon-fiber/hemp composite materials.

Nice bike build, moar photos or a link? I had a Silverwing monoshock too, loved the sound of cored mufflers on overrun on these. One of the few bikes I didn't mod too much because the wife enjoyed riding on the back.

This is a 80' Cx500 so it started with a dual shock setup. I converted it to a monoshock using a Ducati Ohlin coil and shock. Ya not much of the original bike left here. The exhaust tips are small mufflers and I had to put in some 4" baffles to keep the sound down. Ya they really do sound good. The remind me of a flat ford V8 with open exhaust.

Back