What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Got my foam in today. The rib method i was using for the wing didnt cut it. Not accurate enough. I am trying cut foam and epoxy resin. This will be a 3 piece with a dallara end look, hopefully. The wing profile came from a older mazda rear race wing.

20200318_111650.jpg

Odie

Well it looks like a danger zone on the outside so caution tape at the entrance seems appropriate :)

That or something like it is a great idea in any case due to the seals dragging on it. My ugly X has had the paint long abraided by them.

Nice.

That or something like it is a great idea in any case due to the seals dragging on it. My ugly X has had the paint long abraided by them.
There is a clear plastic tape made for this. It comes in different widths and thicknesses. Peel and stick, easy application and works well. Pretty much the same stuff as those "clear nose protector" films.

All this stay inside stuff is great! Just put together the new removable seat covers for the Xpresso (85 X 1/9) that have been waiting for attention for two years!

What are you doing for/to/with your Fiats during the situation?
711F8A21-449B-41C8-92EB-983F139D1D77.jpeg
E160A88C-245B-4B4F-A6DA-BD51EE4A62B4.jpeg
8B8B3BE8-DBAD-4CE6-A212-1CE7D349C6A8.jpeg

After 20 years in the garage, car is still in progress... Today, I refit the rear shocks. But I think I forgot something...

Nut and washer are there at the top, just on the camber plate...
20200327_212359.jpg

Nuts and bolts at the bottom, not yet torqued. Cap of the strut is there... What is missing...
20200327_212413.jpg

After 20 years in the garage, car is still in progress... Today, I refit the rear shocks. But I think I forgot something...

Nuts and bolts at the bottom, not yet torqued. Cap of the strut is there... What is missing...
View attachment 30274

A spring maybe? I think I see a pair of DCOEs, nice.
Good story on the Canadian road trip by the way.

Last edited:
Drove the .6 mile to my mail box. Rural boxes to the right.
IMG_8409.JPG

walked back in the woods left of the rear of my car a little ways and took a picture of the south facing overlook toward my property.
Unfortunately I don't own the over look.
My forty is left of the green meadow about half mile away from where I was standing.
IMG_8401.JPG

After the picture and checking the mail I took a short drive, about 6 miles round trip toward town.
Beautiful day, car was rearing to go but under the circumstances it just didn't feel right.
My place is fairly isolated, the Redbuds are blooming and I normally stay home happy to be there but just knowing that the world outside is in dire straights makes it hard to completely enjoy the day.
Hope all of you are doing well as I am wishing the best for everyone.

Back