What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Had to take the car out and find possible photo shoot locations around town
Looks good Marcus. What tires are those? A little hard to see, but the design resembles some 70's models with a flat tread and squared off corners. Just curious what they are, thanks.

Looks good Marcus. What tires are those? A little hard to see, but the design resembles some 70's models with a flat tread and squared off corners. Just curious what they are, thanks.
They’re from a company called Vitour who make tires for old JDM wheels. I found them because it was hard to find an all season tire in 195/55r13. Here’s a better picture of what the tires look like
22C4995A-F92D-4FC8-BB4A-D309DFBD2350.jpeg

Retorqued Head. Finished wiring the push button starter. Started the blow apart for detailing. BAT accepted my appliction and reserve number, so photos next week, posting soon after.

Have you tried them in the wet yet? Wet braking is always a good test, and easy to do, low risk.
Have not tried them in the wet. My wheel/tire size tend to cause the car to be, mmm, let's say...snowboard like. Love the shape of the bead to rim. So far, not terribly impressed with the compound, would like them to be a bit stickier. But can't beat em for the price.

Last edited:
Retorqued Head. Finished wiring the push button starter. Started the blow apart for detailing. BAT accepted my appliction and reserve number, so photos next week, posting soon after.

Be prepared for a massive helping of utter stupidity and the same tropes repeated over and over...

GLWA!

I had a DeLorean. Couldn't stop at a gas station without some clever soul asking about the flux capacitor. Right up there with every other senior citzen thowing his hands up and yelling "I didn't do it" every time a cop walks into a restaurant. F'n annoying, but usually good natured.

Found out i have to replace the tank in the x. I knew i shouldnt have used a carb tank when going fuel injection as the pump has to pull. Well the pump lasted a couple years. Now it is having issues getting fuel under vtec. Runs lean and voltage drops. Oh well. Tank ordered and the X will nap. (Glad i just got the spider working) looks like with the wing i will need a new cover!
20200707_120048.jpg

Odie

I spent an hour thinking about my X1/9 which is 1500 miles away.. :(.
I hope you have some pics to entertain you!

I spent an hour trying to fit the handbrake cable rubber boot near the caliper. I got 4 of the 7 loops done. Anyway, car is still needing some more work (probably a full 2 weeks) and state inspection before getting it licenced since I was too late to pay my plate one year... 10 years ago. Here in Québec, a car that wasn't licenced for a year need a provincial inspection. Meaning I have to put it on a float, bring it to a special garage, pay for the inspection, and if I'm lucky and the garage find it roadworthy in all aspects, I will not have to put it back on the float to bring it back home...

I am going for a Bosch 044 type for my Uno Turbo engine with a carb tank. Is that a bad idea?
I can only go with the research i did. Please double check. High pressure pumps are made to push fuel not pull. They will pull but it adds alot of load to it. That is why the fi x tanks have the supply line and pump at the bottom. It is also why fi cars tend to have the pump in the tank

Odie

Back