What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

I thought the Lidos were alcantara. Mine is plain old vinyl. It does follow the Lido color scheme, so perhaps that is what the PO was going for when he chose the colors. No fancy Lido chrome quarter bumpers though. :(
I think the alcantara interiors were on the Gran Finale edition.

I thought the Lidos were alcantara. Mine is plain old vinyl. It does follow the Lido color scheme, so perhaps that is what the PO was going for when he chose the colors. No fancy Lido chrome quarter bumpers though. :(
Ah yes Jim you are correct, the Lido has alcantara trim on the seats and door cards. Yours is very similar though and easier to clean I would bet!

I have seen one other 78 with the same interior.

Mine's a '78, black with parchment interior. Some previous owner sprayed the door cards black. Need to figure out how to get it back to parchment.

Kijiji_Ad_10.jpg

Kijiji_Ad_4.jpg

Roy

Today I ran the car and flushed out the cooling system , ran rad flush through the system for half hour then flush three times , temp dropped and heater pushing nice heat ,

Mine's a '78, black with parchment interior. Some previous owner sprayed the door cards black. Need to figure out how to get it back to parchment.

View attachment 53391

View attachment 53393

Roy
You could try acetone, and if it doesn't work, paint them in a matching color. BTW, you seats have been reupholstered. Not exactly the same color than the back wall.
Those are probably ATS Classic wheels. 13x5.5 or 13x6? I'm running the 13x6 and I like them even better than the Cromodora Daytona, which are also really nice.

Knocked a hole in the left front tire, so patched it. Put the wheel back on and noticed some wobble. At first thought I didn't get the lugs all the way tight but on further inspection found that the inner tie rod end had play. Just order two new ones. By the time I get the parts should have the rest of the rack cleaned up and ready to go back in.

Disassembled the headlight pods. Have some wiring to fix. Ordered crimpers and connectors from AliExpress as recommended from this thread:

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

Also there seems to be a significant amount of filler in the right front corner that will need attention. This will give me some access.

Roy

Yes again. 5.5J13. I only have 1 rather beat up center cap. You wouldn't happen to have any spares?
I measured the center hole on my ATS wheels at ~62mm. It was hard to get a really good measurement with the tools at hand. I tried to find a cap that would fit. I ordered 3 various sizes and none fit well. Part of the issue is the published measurements for the caps were not much more accurate than my own. In the end, I settled on this set that claimed to be 60mm at the clip and 65mm were it contacts the wheel surface. It kinda fit and I decided just to put it on with some dabs of clear silicone. I also found a decent set of Abarth stickers that will fit the inset of the cap, unfortunately those are out of stock. I am sure a similar item exists. I never got around to putting the stickers on the wheels, but I will someday. :)

Jim_Decker_1985_X19.jpg
The caps stayed on the wheels just fine. I haven't tried to take them off, but they are stuck on there good.

Looking thru my pictures for that wheel set, apparently I have 1 cap somewhere around here.

IM003161.JPG

I measured the center hole on my ATS wheels at ~62mm
I came up with 61mm and ordered this set:

at $25 for the set is much better than the $25 EACH I could get from Germany (plus shipping/taxes/duty/etc...)

Here's how they look. Fit is very tight and the clips fit perfectly. Now need to order the decals to go on them.
IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

Roy

Black carpet arrived today. I may have to pull the brake and clutch pedal assembly to free the white bushing first. Floors are looking better with soundproofing.

Idle still pretty high, new gaskets but still have vacuum leak at base of carb. Argh.

Black carpet arrived today. I may have to pull the brake and clutch pedal assembly to free the white bushing first. Floors are looking better with soundproofing.

Idle still pretty high, new gaskets but still have vacuum leak at base of carb. Argh.
It's common for the base of the carb to get warped. Depending how bad the warpage is you might be able to sand it flat on a very flat, smooth slab with fine wet/dry abrasive paper (I'm sure there are YouTube videos on it). Also check the base of the manifold to make sure it is flat.

CnC season is wrapping up this month. Got the 85 shined up for one of the last events. Winter's coming.
A nice Porsche in Great Race livery parked next to me at the CnC. It drew a lot of interest and my little orange X shows up it's picture that ended up on the local CnC FB Page today. :)
2021-10-09.jpg

Thanks to Robert Ledesma for taking and posting the photo.

Finished off the Drivers side new carpet installation. First time I've done this, biggest lesson learned is that as I did it I kept running into other items that needed doing which kept halting the project. Mostly surface rust that needed grinding sanding and rust resistant painting. Latest is the under sides of the seats which have some rust, back to the sandpaper. Passenger side next weekend.

1634005769677.jpeg

Finished off the Drivers side new carpet installation. First time I've done this, biggest lesson learned is that as I did it I kept running into other items that needed doing which kept halting the project. Mostly surface rust that needed grinding sanding and rust resistant painting. Latest is the under sides of the seats which have some rust, back to the sandpaper. Passenger side next weekend.

View attachment 53528
Looking good. Remind me, was this the one on eBay? Seems to fit well. :)
Also looks like you need new door check straps and maybe weather seals. ;)
Did you recolor the dash and panels or were they already that color?

Looking good. Remind me, was this the one on eBay? Seems to fit well. :)
Also looks like you need new door check straps and maybe weather seals. ;)
Did you recolor the dash and panels or were they already that color?
Thanks, This was the plush carpet from MWB. It is a pretty cheap carpet actually but will get the job done. I had to do a little cutting and joining in the last area, right in front of the door but it is looking good and the black hides some areas of poor fit. I used a little glue where it made sense. And let it sit in the sun to help mold the carpet to the interior.

The weather seals really bother me but I understand you can't get OEM (NOS) anymore. Was thinking about glueing it but not sure what would hold the rubber together while being flexible. Any ideas are welcome.

The PO painted the tan, the whole interior is tan and blank. Carpets where tan but I wanted a little more black in there. I'm keeping the rest as is due to the fact that the PO re-hopstered the seat and I rather like them. Below is how it use to look:
1634051759967.jpeg

Was thinking about glueing it but not sure what would hold the rubber together while being flexible. Any ideas are welcome.
Most use 3M Weatherstrip adhesive, but for superior strength this is the stuff that will yield the strongest rubber-to-rubber joint.

Thanks, This was the plush carpet from MWB. It is a pretty cheap carpet actually but will get the job done. I had to do a little cutting and joining in the last area, right in front of the door but it is looking good and the black hides some areas of poor fit. I used a little glue where it made sense. And let it sit in the sun to help mold the carpet to the interior.

The weather seals really bother me but I understand you can't get OEM (NOS) anymore. Was thinking about glueing it but not sure what would hold the rubber together while being flexible. Any ideas are welcome.

The PO painted the tan, the whole interior is tan and blank. Carpets where tan but I wanted a little more black in there. I'm keeping the rest as is due to the fact that the PO re-hopstered the seat and I rather like them. Below is how it use to look:
View attachment 53531
Interior looks good. Any color is better than the "turd brown" most of them came in. Take another pic from that same angle after you get the new carpet in. I agree, the darker carpet will definitely help. I've always liked a two-tone interior combination.

I'm with you, gluing the torn weather seals may not work too well. Chances are it is pretty well worn out anyway. But you can try glueing it first. The DAP "HHR" contact cement that @jimmyx posted is the standard 'go to' for pretty much all upholstery work. It is good stuff. It dries a tan color which might stand out a bit on the black rubber. Unfortunately you cannot buy it in small containers. I believe a gallon is the smallest (about $35) but you might find it in a quart. However the weather seals can be replaced with generic stuff that works very well. There have been some threads listing what and where to get it inexpensively. I recall eBay was one such source, but you'll have to search for the details on exactly which product it is. That's the route I've always gone. Also I believe Henk (https://www.x19partsholland.nl/) sells original replacements (I don't recall if it's actual factory OEM or ??). But it should be very good quality, although a bit pricey once you add shipping.

Back