What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

I use 22 to 23 psi in Toyo 185 60 13 R888Rs on 6 or 7 inch rims on my track X.
That is a little bit low at least when warm I think. I've been down to 22-23 psi (warm) but with reduced stability as a result when cornering, but my car is lighter now so maybe I should give it a try again.
To find optimal pressures at the track get an IR temp gauge and check temps. The temp shouldn't vary much on the inner/center/outer wear surface when warm.
Recommended figures Nankang AR1 (888's shouldn't differ much):
Optimum operating window 71-104°C (160-219°F)
Optimum camber settings between -1.0 to -3.0 degrees
HOT Pressure settings:
<800kg 23 - 27.5psi
800-1000kg 24 - 32psi
68039242907678.jpg

But tire pressure is only one of many factors when going fast around the track. I think there are good ballpark figures mentioned in the thread that can help find the best tire pressure and a temp gauge is your best friend in this matter.

That is a little bit low at least when warm I think. I've been down to 22-23 psi (warm) but with reduced stability as a result when cornering, but my car is lighter now so maybe I should give it a try again.
To find optimal pressures at the track get an IR temp gauge and check temps. The temp shouldn't vary much on the inner/center/outer wear surface when warm.
Recommended figures Nankang AR1 (888's shouldn't differ much):
Optimum operating window 71-104°C (160-219°F)
Optimum camber settings between -1.0 to -3.0 degrees
HOT Pressure settings:
<800kg 23 - 27.5psi
800-1000kg 24 - 32psi
View attachment 64640
But tire pressure is only one of many factors when going fast around the track. I think there are good ballpark figures mentioned in the thread that can help find the best tire pressure and a temp gauge is your best friend in this matter.
Of course, for track use, there is difference between COLD and HOT. My aim is to find pressure when COLD and then check when HOT. I also use a temp gauge to compare surface temperature across the tire. So, I'll start COLD at 20 /22 psi and aim for 25 psi HOT and 80 deg. C.

Pulled out the dashboard. The plan is to now get the car up and take a look at the cooling system. While it drains, I will start working on the dash.
I already found a leak in the heater valve under the passenger side of the dash. There's a lot of wires and hoses in the car that seem to be disconnected throughout.
A lot of cleaning is in store.

IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2240.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. Mine is 329 as well. Here in the Midwest we'd call it John Deere green... Light tan interior in yours?
No interior, really. It was black at one point, but most of it is gone. No carpet or trim. The passenger spare wheel cover is pretty much all that is left.

Took part in Ferragosto on Preston St, Ottawa. Mine was the only X.

IMG_2138.JPG

Which included a drive around the Rideau Canal then lunch at Pub Italia

IMG_2140.JPG

Got stuck here for 10 minutes for a bridge opening....

Roy

Today, during a car ride, I learned that Schaeffler group still makes a handful of OEM parts for our cars. They're personally one of my most trusted parts sources, along with ZF Group and Bosch.

The list is pretty extensive. Inner Tie Rods, Wheel Bearings, Tappets, Cambelt Tensioner, Clutch Pressure Plate & Clutch Release bearing, and a handful of belts.

This may all be known, but I didn't realize this until now. They also made the water pumps and outer tie rods, but both have had production stopped at some point. I was still able to find some water pumps (with or without housing) online for ~150 euro. PN: 538 0451 10

Last edited:
Took part in Ferragosto on Preston St, Ottawa. Mine was the only X.

View attachment 64886

Which included a drive around the Rideau Canal then lunch at Pub Italia

View attachment 64887

Got stuck here for 10 minutes for a bridge opening....

Roy
Were others interested in the X?

Today, during a car ride, I learned that Schaeffler group still makes a handful of OEM parts for our cars. They're personally one of my most trusted parts sources, along with ZF Group and Bosch.

The list is pretty extensive. Inner Tie Rods, Wheel Bearings, Tappets, Belts, Cambelt Tensioner, Clutch Pressure Plate & Clutch Release bearing, and a handful of belts.

This may all be known, but I didn't realize this until now. They also made the water pumps and outer tie rods, but both have had production stopped at some point. I was still able to find some water pumps (with or without housing) online for ~150 euro. PN: 538 0451 10
Aight well, thanks to the challenges faced while trying to find the needed parts to rebuild my Abarths engine, I had most of these catalogs bookmarked anyway, so I went ahead and added a few parts supplier catalogs to the wiki. It's actually quite fun finding all sorts of quality parts you didn't realize were still being made. While this does benefit us buyers, I'm sure there's some benefit to vendors as well so it's a win win.

Absolutely feel free to add to it if you think of any of the many suppliers I haven't yet listed- there's quite a few. Sorry about the formatting...that's, erm, not my forte.

Yea, lots of comments. Mostly that they haven't seen many out around any more. One gentleman that was a Fiat mechanic commented that this was the first X he's seen in this colour. Drive home the long route (lots of road closures, bridge replacements etc...) got me a half dozen thumbs up.

All and all a good day!

Roy

View attachment 64905
Looking good! Love the wheels too. A good friend of mine in Quebec is looking for a good X. Any leads?

Back