What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Saturday through Monday

Drove the hell out of the car on Saturday, two car shows... had a blast. Pleasure drove it around on Sunday put on 100 miles...

Monday...had a flat tire and changed the first X1/9 tire I've had to change in 25 years. Two days driving...and something 'breaks'. LOL

Last edited:
Drove it!

Drove it last night to the local beekeeper club meeting. The H4 Hellas with 80W/100 bulbs are far better than those LED pieces of junk. Might not be legal I suppose.:innocent:

Top off and took my daughter to school. It was chilly this morning but its amazing how comfortable you are in the car with the top off and the heater cranked, windows rolled up :)

The kids at school love the car and I ALWAYS get a comment or too on it from parents. Today one of the "single" moms asked if I could give her a ride in the X sometime :pimp: I told her sure but needs to wait for the divorce to be final :(

Aviaries?

I always wanted to be a beekeeper in my retirement. Like it? Can you have a decent income on it or just supplimental? PM me to not pollute this thread anymore than I already have :) Curious as to your thoughts.

Took her out of winter storage to drive her top down in the wonderful weather this week...a far cry from 6 inches of snow last week.

She made one heck of a smoke show as she burned off the dripless oil i recently sprayed her with... I am surprised the fire department was not called.

Paul

oil change to 5w-30 for the cold weather.....filter too, all my cars; Dodge, Chrysler, MG and Fiat can use the same filter.....hmmmm
Reinstalled the windshield washer tank, now seemingly leak free (yeah, right).
Vacuumed interior, wiped down with armorall. Wondered about the plug boot that every once in a while shorts to the block, wondered about the CS injector which seems to seep fuel. Wondered about the coolant tank mounting (PO busted the hold down bolt off)l Went to bed.

Such nice weather!!! Tore up the roads in my spider yesterday and then a nice short drive with my 6 yr old daughter. Made space in garage for the x today. I removed old steel wheels to replace with wheels from my 81 parts car. I then changed the oil but still didn't get my fill. Didn't feel like spending time with wife so removed carb, intake and leaking header. I now smell like a mix of oil, fuel, exhaust, coolant and penatrating oil:excited:Great day for my Fiats, I can't wait for the weekend to start on my new clutch.

Unfortunately I'm a little behind on adding to this thread as I just finally got my photo software working again so I have to play catchup a bit....

Two weeks ago I installed my OEM Black carpet Ebay purchase I found in perfect condition for $140.00
pa150012.jpg

Installed locally purchased Black carpet to match OEM for my custom interior.
pa150013r.jpg

Also carpeted the front trunk to match OEM
pa200071.jpg

Last week I installed a wheel rack to store my chrome wheels as I await the arrival of my X's new wheels...."Cromodora Daytonas" from Ricardo and only available outside North America in 13" Yokohama A048 tires or (tyres) as they would say in the UK.

pb100118.jpg

Yesterday I put my X on jack stands and pulled the wheels awaiting my new ones, did an oil change and used a K&N HP2400 as suggested on XWeb (read alot of negative reviews about Fram lately)

pb100129.jpg

Today I just admired my X and hung up my Christmas lights while it was beautiful out....

'PeteX1/9

'PeteX1/9

A huge Canadian chain called "Princess Auto" where everything they sell is guaranteed for life and thier prices are truely unbelievable.
It was on sale 1/2 price for $64.99, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to purchase the material and build it for that even with your own welder.
They are located all over Canada, you should check one out sometime if you're across the border.

'PeteX1/9

On my way to work today...

Stop at the Dunkin' D for the morning coffee...come back out and a small group forming around the Corsa.

Wow cool FAAREARO you don't see many of those on the road :mallet:

Today I took an idea from conception to completion for under $20:headbang:

Yesterday when washing my car with the wheels removed I noticed alot of fine dirt and small stones have been collecting in my fender cavities (I'll call them ?) I made myself a template out of cardboard and then cut it out of alluminum and voila! A very inexpensive solution to what could result in rotten rockers. Yes I know there is supposed to be those plastic inner fenders but those were tossed years ago so I could maximize inner clearance for larger tires. The price you pay to push the envelope.:happy:

'PeteX1/9

I started removing trim parts. I decided to drop radiator to get to the bumper support bolts. Supports are gone and radiator reattached. Is antifreeze bad for your hair? I hope it's not too bad, mine is already falling out on it's own:mallet:I Should have repaired header back tomorrow and reinstalled. I feel I'm making progress.

DSC_0801.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Pete...

Just a thought...

Why not make these out of some kinda plastic/rubber/vinyl material and then GLUE them up with Liquid Nails?

I was looking for plastic but couldn't find anything in the size I needed so I went with Alluminum as it is light and will never rust.

'PeteX1/9

Replaced the rear caliper sliders...

The 86 had the ones with the single cotter pin hole and the dimple on the other end. They moved around a lot and made a lot of noise.

11-12-10

Just thought about the car and sneaked a peek at it in the garage. Its been several days since Ive driven it last. Tomorrow I plan to install a hood strut for the engine cover and rear trunk. I need to bleed my radiator and remove the full exhaust system and ship it out tomorrow as well

Back