What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Attachments

• Radium.jpg
    Radium.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 156
I removed the insert (I had previously installed) from my Allison's exhaust. It was rattling in there. I removed it, cleaned things up and reinstalled with a few dabs of jb weld high temp adhesive to keep it more secure.

A recent post somewhere on this forum got me thinking about air in my cooling system and why it keeps coming back.

Tonight I did a pressure test and could find no leak. So I unscrewed the bleeder valve on the radiator, let the air out, tightened the valve up and went for a drive. When I came back, I just happened to use a very bright white LED light and looked to see if there were any drips. To my surprise, the bleeder valve was emitting a very fine mist!

Next I removed the bleeder valve and discover there was no crush washer. I have no idea where that went, but I installed a crush washer, smeared a little anti-seize compound on the threads and sealed it back up. I went for another test drive and no more mist!

Fun times!

Ed

Last edited:
IMG_5808.JPG More on radium tank when engine is back together. Today new injectors and restored fuel rail assembly.

replaced a defective head light motor (would go up but not down)

6 15 2017 015.JPG

Would only go down if I manualy ran it down (could run it down if I moved the wires to it around)

6 15 2017 012.JPG

Read some where this was an easy way to get access (Yes it made changing the motor VERY easy!
6 15 2017 013.JPG

And Yes I unplugged all the wires to the motor before reaching my arm in their (Well I did not unplug the ground yet)
6 15 2017 014.JPG

This was me plugging in another set of motors that showed up today I read somewhere that the usual problem is the diodes in the other motor so I plugged the extra motor in over their first it would run just like the installed one would but the driver side still would not go down.
6 15 2017 017.JPG

big smile having both go down on their own!!!!

6 15 2017 018.JPG

Wive came out to let Me know dinner was ready. She saw that I was putting it back together and just supervised!!
I am so happy she is understanding and was able to just watch for a LITTLE bit of time and could see I was almost done!!! :: big smiles!!::
6 15 2017 015.JPG

Then I want to put the lights away and again it went back to this fail condition again ((Arggg)) (forgot to take a fail pic so I re-used this one).

See if you can guess what happened. I laughed when I figured out what I had done. Let's see who can be the first to guess.

Those seats look great, are they your seamstress work, old stock or a local upholsterer?

Nice add, they look great with your door panels.

Those seats look great, are they your seamstress work, old stock or a local upholsterer?

Nice add, they look great with your door panels.
Ordered them from Henk, and they were installed by a Local upholsterer. If you know of anyone that needs a passenger seat cover(original) in that color I have one available

Rocco wanted to see pictures of old seats I will try to post them. I hope he sees this. passenger seat needs new wire pockets according to upholster, but obviously driver seat is trashed. He was very careful when removing the good one so as not to tear

Attachments

• 20170406_124136.jpg
    20170406_124136.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 20170406_124146.jpg
    20170406_124146.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 115
Back