What did your X1/9 do to you today? (This isn’t the thread “what you did”)

Janis

True Classic
Made me smile without a reason how great the starter motor works. Got to gas station after 5 minutes and couldn’t turn it on because starter motor died, that is some unbelievable coincidence 😂😂😂
E6F293DA-652A-4198-A8B4-258A2AB3E6B8.jpeg

I like the name of this thread. :D At first I missed what it actually says.

And it is so true, what they do to us is usually why we have to do things to them.

hi I am new to this as I am I new member , today I worked on the rear quarter panel , down to metal work on dents getting ready to prime ,will take pictures and post
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. Glad you got a project X1/9 to work on. Feel free to post as much as you can about it.

Just to help you out a little, this particular thread is sort of a 'spoof' on another thread. The one that is most often used is called "what I did to my X today", while this one is "what my X did to me today". See the difference? He is kind of joking about his car messing with him today.

I missed the title difference at first also, easy to mistake them.

Here is a link to the more common thread to talk about things you do to your car:

Maybe also consider starting a new thread with more about you and your X? That can also go under the "discussion" section of the forum.

Exactly one year to the day after putting my car away for a short vacation it arrived at our new home. Unfortunately the mechanic who did some work before transporting it messed a couple of things up, so I won't be able to register it for a couple of weeks. It is just and beautiful as I remembered it...

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpeg
    IMG_2130.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 71
Went today to see some drift battle for first time in my life. Unfortunately parking area was full, but security said that my car is so nice that I’m allowed to drive in and look for a free spot. My friend was with me behind with miata, he said he is with me and also was allowed :D it suddenly started to rain today - fun to watch cars get beaten
1E674F6C-372D-4CA6-86C5-7886FF6DFD05.jpeg
F04BF6CE-6A2B-4FBC-BD96-5FFD1BD41EC2.jpeg

My X watched me unpack my new compressor today but had this strange look like it was thinking..."and he thinks that will help him get out my Heater box, Bwha, ha,ha,ha......"

1628548074892.jpeg

My X restored my faith a bit. First shot, got the timing marks all lined up when replacing the belt. 4 rotations later...still on the marks. A first in my world.

Back