What do people need?

Dean Scharer

True Classic
So I sold the Scorpion (#946), that I listed on here a couple months ago.

I’ve set aside the parts I need to finish (#997), and I’ve been working with Eddy Tuason to put together (#1170). It looks like I will be picking that car up within the next two weeks. So that means I have quite a bit of inventory that is ready to go back into the market so other Scorpions can keep going. Trying to list all the parts would be too time consuming, so if you need anything let me know. This inventory was collected by John Allen before the internet, and was passed along to me a year ago. So some of it is definitely unobtainable. Maybe by doing this, others can swap parts as well and everyone can come out better off.

-Dean

Glad you asked, Dean!

I removed the stainless trim from the right rear quarter last week, and both of the studs that secured it broke due to age. The piece is also not quite in shape, I'm hoping you have one?

Also, I could really use a replacement for the roof piece that flips up on its hinges. Mine is badly rusted. It's the piece that pops up when you twist the mechanism on the inside of the car.

Got Monte bumpers?

One piece nose band for Euro-spec lights?

2 liter engine?

Double bubble top?

Roof straps?

That's my entire wish list, I could conceivably make the drive from Eugene for bigger stuff...

Thanks again,

- Chad C.

I need a door lock set with keys, and a driver side (LH side) triangle door glass piece. I'm sure there are other things too, but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head. Thanks!

Pete

Chad, I have a 2.0l engine, one spare Montecarlo nose piece, some roofing straps (have to verify how many), and pretty sure roof piece. No luck on the rest. Let me go through to be sure and I will get back to you. I am heading to Vegas within 2 weeks to swap parts with Eddy so I could probably drop them off to you.

I'm still looking for a front set of Konis to match the rears I have on the shelf. Part number should be 86-2121 (rears are 86-2022). I'll also get in line behind Chad for a set of Monte bumpers, should a set or two be found somewhere and if you have a set of door cards in colors other than brown or blue, I may be interested in those to break up my very brown interior. Congrats on selling the project Scorp, BTW!

Pete,

Sorry I can’t help with the door locks. I have a spare but I have to give them to Eddy. He may be willing to part with them but that’s his call. I have 1 spare glass but will need to verify if it’s left or right.

That’s encouraging, thanks Dean!

I made a lowball offer on a 2.0 Fiat Spider for its engine last night, fingers crossed, but I doubt it...

I’m more focused on body than drivetrain right now, but ya gotta seize opportunities...

I look forward to hearing from you, I’m 10 minutes off the freeway & I make a hell of a cup of coffee for roadweary travelers : )

Slim chance, but doesn't hurt to ask... I'm in need of an engine sump and oil pump pickup for an upcoming monte engine build.

SteveC

F4939B25-C33E-4EAD-90F4-A84E2503E4D4.png
Chad, I have a 2.0l engine, one spare Montecarlo nose piece, some roofing straps (have to verify how many), and pretty sure roof piece. No luck on the rest. Let me go through to be sure and I will get back to you. I am heading to Vegas within 2 weeks to swap parts with Eddy so I could probably drop them off to you.

Quick shout-out to Dean, got some parts from him & he's great to deal with. Thanks Dean!

Give it up for Dean and Eatonville on the western slopes of the majestic Mount Rainier and close proximity to the amazing wildlife sanctuary of Northwest Trek! Good peoples there. Probably some proper twisty mountain roads with little to no traffic for bustin' out some nice spirited driving too.

So envious! Brings back memories of my own truck & trailer adventure to Cali for my running/driving Scorpion.

When I drove it up onto the trailer the trailer tongue lifted right off the hitch ball & sent sent the front of the trailer skyward.
It quickly became clear that the wrong size hitch ball had been used & We’d just driven 500 miles with gravity & luck keeping the trailer on the hitch. Not my doing, but I didn’t double check it... the seller loaned me the correct hitch ball, which I mailed back to him.

I was lucky to have a truck & trailer at all. Upon going to rent a Uhaul truck, they pointed out that my license had expired & they couldn’t rent me the truck. I’d already paid for the car, & taken the time off work to get it.

My beloved girlfriend said: “why don’t I go rent the truck, borrow a trailer from my neighbor & drive your sorry ass down there & back”. I humbly said: “thanks babe”. She’s a real partner.

Give us a full update after you have a good look at it & post lots of pics!

Back