What happened..

Rupunzell

Bernice Loui
For those that might be wondering where I've been.

Got rear ended by a car while bicycling back home from a 40 mile ride on a two lane nearly always untraveled back road in April 2021. Been effectively disabled since that time and unable to operate any motor vehicle to date due to injury related trauma. If this persist, the 74' exxe and Lancia Scorpiacarlo will need to find new homes.

Bernice

Got rear ended by a car while bicycling back home from a 40 mile ride on a two lane nearly always untraveled back road in April 2021. Been effectively disabled since that time and unable to operate any motor vehicle to date due to injury related trauma. If this persist, the 74' exxe and Lancia Scorpiacarlo will need to find new homes.

Bernice

Man, so sorry. This sucks! I hope you recover well enough to not have to get rid of your cars.

-Lalo

Bernice
Oh gosh that is absolutely horrible. I am so very sorry this has happened to you.

I can only hope you are able to recover from your injuries.

All the best to you.

Damn, Bernice,
So sorry to hear what you've been going through. Hope you are getting the best therapy and I wish you a thorough recovery. I have missed you and you know everyone here is cheering for you.

Last edited:
Bernice:

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. Having dealt with the aftermath of a serious biking accident for the last three decades, I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Don't give up too soon on the idea of getting back on the bike and especially on driving your rides. While time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds, you may find that you and your body are capable of healing and adapting in rather remarkable ways.

Don

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Thank you for sharing what happened, though. Been missing your voice on this site. With all recovery, give yourself the time you need to come back. If you need anything please let me know if I can be of help.

Please look after yourself Bernice. Several of us here are local so let us know if we may support your full recovery.

hope you feel better soon! like was already said above, you have been an invaluable part of this forum and how I look at things in general. you are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and good recovery.

Odie

Sorry to hear this and wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. Keep the faith - I was hit on my scooter and shattered my leg and wrist into "too many pieces to count." They said I'd likely not walk but it worked out much better. Hang in there!!

Bernice
Ah, I am so sorry. I used to ride my bike from Milpitas down to work near Great America. While it was faster than driving, I had way to many close calls on that route. I really hope you are able to overcome the trauma and enjoy your cars and hobbies again. Let us know what we can do to help you.

Wishing you the best. Did the driver hang around or was it a hit and run?
My son was hit and run by a motorcycle no less.

Back