What in the... words fail me.

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
Do we have a main thread for these types of, uhhh, creations? Just came across this on FB, but not on Fiat forum.

Bad X19.jpg

Can't forget this one!

This is the most clean of the ones from the photoshoot where... this... happened. I figured I shouldn't share the worse ones here.

2444a6b02b6c1a6898eb6dccd3a208b6--fiat--furry.jpg

Where can I get me some whitewalls...
I was going to say, "Ya, those whitewalls make the car look hideous", implying nothing else is wrong with it. :p

I'm actually kinda impressed...that's some nice artwork!
Given the amount of work, time, materials, expense, and skill needed to do that, it could have just as easily been a pristine restoration.

Regarding the religious murals, I guess it doesn't hurt to have the "big guy" on your side when driving a car prone to breaking down a lot? :D

At least he had the good sense to remove the bumpers. :rolleyes:

While I don't approve of using an X 1/9 -it has other qualities that are above this sort of thing- the local low rider folks are quite good at this sort of art work. Here is a typical example from a recent local car show. I am not even sure how you paint scenes like this on metal!

Attachments

• IMG_3972.JPG
    IMG_3972.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 79
While I don't approve of using an X 1/9 -it has other qualities that are above this sort of thing- the local low rider folks are quite good at this sort of art work. Here is a typical example from a recent local car show. I am not even sure how you paint scenes like this on metal!
Remember murals on vans from the early Seventies.

Remember murals on vans from the early Seventies.
Those were the best! I saw so much awesome as a kid of the 70's, and I really wish the trend would have stuck. My grandfather had a (Ford I think) van, with mushroom shaped windows and some really cool art work on the sides. WTF happened to car culture? I see nothing but boring all around me all day...so sad.

Maybe a very large stretched canvas or chapel ceiling is more expensive than an old car or van?

I agree about the paint work on low riders. It may not be my personal style but the level of skill and the amount of time put into them is nothing short of amazing. And not just murals, but all styles of custom paint work:
Screenshot_20191013-195246_Google.jpg.1221f26b68150f8859e259817bb7a1ba.jpg
3b6962c0170a5a78f919445722117740.png
5b22447ba26da0c89c934276ef7d8013.jpg

Back