What is your favorite (non-X1/9) FIAT vehicle?

I loved my '75 124 CC, I'm hoping the '72 BC I'm working on now turns out as lovable; so, my vote goes for the Dino coupe.
Edit: this is for a car I'd actually like to have; there are many I admire, but don't necessarily want to live with.

Last edited:
fiat_2300_berlina_large_5682.jpg

i have a soft spot for these..with some patina it's just more cool..

Ok, since this is a fun thread it won’t seem like we’re going astray.

This is a car that was pictured in Courtney Waters’ page on mirafiori.com in a section highlighting 128s from around the world.

I only know the history of the car based on info from the seller. Apparently, it was used for hill climb out west (I’m in Alabama) during the ‘80s and ‘90s. There are some campaign badges on the dash with places and dates. I brought the car down from Watkins Glen, NY.

This is a ‘75 128sl, painted red over the original white. It has a 1300 engine with an 1100 head, 34DMTR, header, full roll cage, Corbeau seats, 5-point harnesses. Suspension is stiff. Extra leaf spring and anti-roll bar in the rear. I haven’t checked, but strut inserts were advertised as koni.

The car is a blast to drive. Almost no braking for corners. I went to a performance driving school before doing auto cross the first year I owned it. The instructors kept telling me I had a lot of traction left, basically telling me the car could give a hell of a lot more than I could.

Autocross was fun, but by the next season I was on our farm full time in another county, so the the little red car just sits in a garage waiting for an occasional blast up and down the county roads. It has been a hit at North Alabama car events.

View attachment 38618
Here’s a photo taken at a Cars and Coffee event I’ve hosted for a local charity since August 2011.

Gosh I wish those AVS Intermediates still existed. They were excellent performance tires with a great look. Better performance tires are available, and these were kinda noisy, but the look was just right for older cars.

I own three of the Fiats I have always wanted (X1/9, 1969 850 Sport Coupe, 1970 124 Sport Coupe). I am missing the fourth which is a 2.4l Fiat Dino Coupe. I have never driven one but it makes the best sounds and is damn good looking. Sadly at this point I doubt I will ever get one. I almost bought a white one that had a twin cam four installed as the 6 was taken for a Dino Ferrari, I really regret not getting it.

Of non Fiat, a Lancia Scorpocarlo and a Lancia Stratos (a kit would do from my perspective). Perhaps a NSX coupe. A 16v S2 VW Scirocco to have a faster version of my first new car.

I think one of my ulimate cars would be an ASA 1000 GT Coupe, another aspirational car. Perhaps finding another 850 Sports Coupe and putting a Suzuki G13B up front with a Samurai transmission behind it leading to a BMW rear diff and CV axles. I think I need a couple more inches of width...

Ok, since this is a fun thread it won’t seem like we’re going astray.

This is a car that was pictured in Courtney Waters’ page on mirafiori.com in a section highlighting 128s from around the world.

I only know the history of the car based on info from the seller. Apparently, it was used for hill climb out west (I’m in Alabama) during the ‘80s and ‘90s. There are some campaign badges on the dash with places and dates. I brought the car down from Watkins Glen, NY.

This is a ‘75 128sl, painted red over the original white. It has a 1300 engine with an 1100 head, 34DMTR, header, full roll cage, Corbeau seats, 5-point harnesses. Suspension is stiff. Extra leaf spring and anti-roll bar in the rear. I haven’t checked, but strut inserts were advertised as koni.

The car is a blast to drive. Almost no braking for corners. I went to a performance driving school before doing auto cross the first year I owned it. The instructors kept telling me I had a lot of traction left, basically telling me the car could give a hell of a lot more than I could.

Autocross was fun, but by the next season I was on our farm full time in another county, so the the little red car just sits in a garage waiting for an occasional blast up and down the county roads. It has been a hit at North Alabama car events.

View attachment 38618
Here’s a photo taken at a Cars and Coffee event I’ve hosted for a local charity since August 2011.
Yours demonstrates a car doesn't need to be lowered too much to handle really well. Thanks for sharing, great car.

My 1997 Fiat Coupe 20 Valve Turbo is probably my all-time favourite but I sold it in 2017. It had a 5 cylinder 220 bhp engine and was the fastest Fiat ever made up to that time (not sure if that is still the case).
P1020528_lo.jpg

My current favourite is my 2017 Abarth 124 Spider.
IMG_2186_lo.jpg

Back