Wheel choices are boggling my mind

1st time poster here, long time Fiat/Lancia fan!
Hi Marc,
Welcome to the forum. When you have a chance please tell us a little about your involvement with Fiat/Lancias. And it looks like you are a Porsche fan also? I am as well (among other makes).

Hi Marc,
Welcome to the forum. When you have a chance please tell us a little about your involvement with Fiat/Lancias. And it looks like you are a Porsche fan also? I am as well (among other makes).

Gents;
Thanks for the replies... I figured they were called "Daytonas" but didn't know the CD # for them.

Back in the late 80's, I had a neighbor who moved down to GA from Michigan with his dad. We became good friends riding all kinds of bikes (BMX, road bikes, mountain bikes, etc.), and he was really into cars.
I was 16 at the time, he was about 10 yrs. older... so I kind of looked up to him as a big brother.

He had a rusted out Ford Econoline van that we hauled bikes to go to trails and stuff... loved that old van. I still remember the name we gave it: The Rust Mobile. It was from Michigan after all. Our "gang" put skateboard/BMX stickers all over it to mask the rust holes. He also had a red X 1/9 (I can't recall the year), but it was hell of a fun driving car with your ass about 6" off the pavement.

One day he shows up with a '76 silver Lancia Scorpion and I was taken back by seeing something for the first time. Sure, I've seen PCars, Ferraris and Lambos in magazines/TV and stuff, but NEVER a Lancia. Oh, and his dad had his company car and an Alfa Spider Veloce (forgot the year as well). All my friends would gather around looking at these "strange" cars, and they would actually let us drive them around a bit.... we lived in a small town in GA and as you'd imagine, things were much more relaxed back then.

Many decades later, I still have fond memories of my friend (who moved back up to MI) and all the great times I had as a kid growing up in smalltown, USA.

Now my modest little car collection consists of few Lancias (2x '76 Scorpions, 1x 82 Beta Zagato, 1x Alfa Spider Quad, few PCars, few old MB diesels, and few more)... I love older cars for the memories they bring me!!

Hoping to acquire a good driver X1/9 soon and reminice the days of driving that rusted out, red X1/9 my friend had! Thanks guys...

Sounds like a lot of great memories. I can relate to much of that. And those old vans have made a big comeback also, so maybe another rust mobile in your collection soon?

Yes, IIRC CD-91A is an aluminum alloy.

It's too bad that histowheels.com is no longer around. I sent an email to the person (an Austrian) who was listed as the webmaster to see if they would be interested in having their content hosted elsewhere, haven't heard back yet.

Yes, IIRC CD-91A is an aluminum alloy.

It's too bad that histowheels.com is no longer around. I sent an email to the person (an Austrian) who was listed as the webmaster to see if they would be interested in having their content hosted elsewhere, haven't heard back yet.
Thanks - I tried to follow that link as well, but it was dead. And yes, it looked like a totally useful site for wheel nerdship. Maybe not profitable, but useful…

Back