wide body kit

What NOT to do:
[IMAGE]
With a little photoshopping I turned it into a modern 4 door, 5 seat Batmobile, just in case Batgirl, Commissioner Gordon, and Alfred need to tag along.
Neo-Batmobile.jpg

No kidding that's a wide addition, wish it went futher up higher on the vehicle though.
That was the design they used for certain racing classes back in the day. Between the rules restrictions and the desire to get the most out of it, the fender flares were more function than style. It was a common result on many race cars then:

DSCI0627a.jpg
jarodcar.jpg

That was the thought I had for my "ultra cheap" project X. The car is basically crap - it was a parts donor for the nicer X project - so I just want to have a little fun with what's left of it. Those 'universal' flares are under $90 (shipped) for all four corners. I also like the old school duck-tail spoiler on the back of that Z car, but unless I find something really cheap it won't happen. Front end will get a homemade air dam. Gut what little is left of the interior and mount a left over race seat from my old wrecked track car. The engine is currently fuel injected and sort of runs. I'll have to see if the FI can be sorted easily, or I might swap to a Weber DCNF I have. Euro 4:2 exhaust manifold thanks to Janis, and I'm making a downpipe and exhaust (just a "glasspack" for a muffler). I paid very little for the car, took a lot of parts I needed and sold a couple items from it. So basically it's a free project. Just like in the old days. :)

so, where you get these flares?

so, where you get these flares?
Online, look on eBay. They are a universal design, not intended for any particular vehicle. You will find a selection of different general sizes/shapes/widths. But I'm sure they still require some fitting, and might not end up fitting too great on the X due to its odd fender arches. However for my crappy car I'm not too concerned (see the Rat / Outlaw X thread). They seem to be most popular with the Japanese car crowd, so they might be listed accordingly.

Back