Windscreen rubber gaskets

I got mine from Obert. Don’t know if it was nos or aftermarket but I was happy with it.

Which do you prefer? NOS or Reproduction
1969 and earlier NA Coupes had windshields mounted in a rubber gasket and the outer mouldings pressed into the rubber mounding. For 1970 forward North American cars had the so-called “glue in” windshield for safety reasons with a moulding inside and the stainless trim glued.
Rust is very prone around the window aperture with this configuration.

The early windshield is slightly smaller and the mouldings and gasket are also different.

I converted a 1970 to the early style using a repro gasket/seal from Cicognani and was very pleased with the product.

Thanks Greg. This is my 71 coupe. Is this early or late style?

Attachments

• coupe windscreen.jpg
    coupe windscreen.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 69
1969 and earlier NA Coupes had windshields mounted in a rubber gasket and the outer mouldings pressed into the rubber mounding. For 1970 forward North American cars had the so-called “glue in” windshield for safety reasons with a moulding inside and the stainless trim glued.
Rust is very prone around the window aperture with this configuration.

The early windshield is slightly smaller and the mouldings and gasket are also different.

I converted a 1970 to the early style using a repro gasket/seal from Cicognani and was very pleased with the product.
This is something I did not know. My 1969 I believe has the gasket with the chrome part pushed into it to lock it. As I recall the chrome part was how they ensured the seal locked in.

Interesting they went to a bonded solution on the last cars akin to the 124 Sport Coupes.

Back