Wiper high/low speed switch?

carl

True Classic
I was running the wipers on my 81 and realized I could not find the high/low speed switch. Two positions on the stalk, first is intermittent wipe and second is constant wipe but I cannot find any other switch for speed change. I don't have an owner's manual and didn't find one in the MIRA library. I don't usually drive in the rain and normally could care less but it got me intellectually bugged.

I was running the wipers on my 81 and realized I could not find the high/low speed switch. Two positions on the stalk, first is intermittent wipe and second is constant wipe but I cannot find any other switch for speed change. I don't have an owner's manual and didn't find one in the MIRA library. I don't usually drive in the rain and normally could care less but it got me intellectually bugged.
I presume this is on your ’new’ Spider?

Doesn’t that have the rheostat for the speed of wiping on the dash?

I just had a barely slow till I did the full rewire mods with all LEDs. All of a sudden intermittent, low and high all started working.

So you are saying there is no second switch in addition to the column stalk?
That is correct. There is a timer relay which as I recall sits out at the right side of the fuse box tray. Anyway there should be the four positions on the switch on the column. O, I, 1, 2

Is the column cover misaligned not giving you access to the other positions?

The earlier cars though had a 3 position switch, no intermittent: Off, I’ll think about moving and oh go on but i’ll take my time about it

Pulling the stalk should give a ‘mist’ wipe

The earlier cars though had a 3 position switch, no intermittent: Off, I’ll think about moving and oh go on but i’ll take my time about it

Pulling the stalk should give a ‘mist’ wipe
I think that you're right. Anyone know when the intermittent wipers appeared?

The problem was that I'm an idiot but you guys had a hard time pointing it out. I didn't realize the wiper switch on the column is three position, not two. This is why I like to have owner's manuals for my old Fiats....I don't have one for this car.

Back