Wiper parts

Fiatpwr

True Classic
I need a couple of things.

There is a 'C' clip that locks the pivot shaft into the housing. Under that is a spacer washer. I need that washer.

Also one of the trim caps is broken.

Thanks!

Agh!

I was just at the junkyard this afternoon looking at an X1/9 there for all the little bits you asked about, but I forgot to check on these wiper parts. I thought I'd written them all down, guess not? :mallet:

I'll be heading back there tomorrow morning, & will check on these wiper items for you then. :wink2:

Um...

Maybe he means this? But it doesn't look quite like a perfect match.
http://www.fiatplus.com/black-wiper-post-surround-pr-299814.html
9926888.jpg

Photo update

I hope this clears things up.
Two steel nuts, rubber washer on the body (same as Yugo) and a trim cap.

Under side of the cap fits the nut.

Cap in place. This may be for a very early car or very late.
You tell me.:wall:

I hope this clears things up.
Two steel nuts, rubber washer on the body (same as Yugo) and a trim cap. Under side of the cap fits the nut. Cap in place. This may be for a very early car or very late. You tell me.:wall:

I'm not sure you have OEM X1/9 wiper parts there, or even Fiat. :confuse2: The main shaft is usually splined on the top end (to accept the push-on type wiper arm), but yours is threaded instead? What piece goes onto the very top of your wiper post/shaft? The retainer nut set-up is also slightly different. What do your wiper arms look like?

I notice that both of your wiper posts are pointed 90º perpendicular to the body, but most X1/9's I've seen (including the junkyard X here) have the posts pointing at an angle, & use the type of angled spacer as shown by Greg above - a rubber gasket goes between the body & spacer, & a retainer nut goes on top of the spacer (threading onto the main post/shaft), with no cover/collar like what you have.

I already included these parts from the junkyard X (rubber gaskets, angled spacers & retainer nuts) in the box with your other parts earlier today, so at least you'll be able to see what was used. :grin:

Great, now I have to go find your other post showing the painted wiper parts, to see wth you have... :hmm:

Back