Working on the House....

Hey Hussein,

I did the same last week. We renterda high pressure washer to remove the sand between the pavers,then my wife choosed a product that didn't need a vibrating plate, so we just had to lay the sand, brush to fill the joint then spray water and let the sand cure. Result is good. Our challenge was to NOT having to much sand in the inground pool. We had much more surface to do than you. It took us 15 bags of 50 lbs. It's too dark now for a picture (I tried), but will edit tomorrow.

And we are also planning on using a sealer.

Same pavers are around the pool. We used Techni-seal Noco sand. (Noco for no compaction). Not available in hardware stores.

20200806_095957.jpg

We didn't removed the pavers, just the sand with the pressure washer. Many of the pavers are 2 or 3 held together with only a half-deep groove to simulate their separation.

Your dynamic ladder brace was an interesting touch.

Hope she wasn’t spattered with paint...

Happy to see the safety lines and bracing. Honestly I would have a hard time getting myself up there which is entirely a psychological issue as in reality you are at the same height above the lower roof that I do feel comfortable with all the time.

Looking good.

Your dynamic ladder brace was an interesting touch.

Hope she wasn’t spattered with paint...

Happy to see the safety lines and bracing. Honestly I would have a hard time getting myself up there which is entirely a psychological issue as in reality you are at the same height above the lower roof that I do feel comfortable with all the time.

Looking good.

Thank you. Yes, in one of her FB posts she commented - you know you husband loves you when he tells you to get under the ladder to avoid being hitting the head :D

I don't ever plan on doing this again in my lifetime. I don't like being up high.

Last edited:
Last thing to do before packing it in for the year - this window had been installed, not flush to the wall, but level with the vinyl siding - so about 2" out from where it should have been. We removed it, fixed the opening, sealed & reinstalled it today. Next weekend I need to cut the shingles back & install new 5/4 x 5" case moldings to match the other new windows in back & front

120402293_10218625686098150_143948203442525583_o.jpg
120470978_10218625664097600_1257138489005008369_o.jpg

Last thing to do before packing it in for the year - this window had been installed, not flush to the wall, but level with the vinyl siding - so about 2" out from where it should have been. We removed it, fixed the opening, sealed & reinstalled it today. Next weekend I need to cut the shingles back & install new 5/4 x 5" case moldings to match the other new windows in back & front

View attachment 36950View attachment 36951

Careful with that siding as it is asbestos fiber cement. Bad isht that stuff if you aren’t careful.

Careful with that siding as it is asbestos fiber cement. Bad isht that stuff if you aren’t careful.

Yes indeed! I wear a full respirator & wet the shingles when cutting them. I had to cut them back 5 3/4" around the sides & top for the new moldings. I got that taken care of today, so tomorrow I can get the wood after work & wrap it up.

There is a English actor who strongly resembles the later type hair GI Joe, he is in Counterpart and a variety of other EU based TV series. Everytime I see him all I can think of is GIJoe.

What got you interested in collecting GI-Joe, action man, etc?

Started with childhood memories I was drawing on whilst working on my Bachelor's Thesis (Parsons School of Design), and being just a little obsessive/compulsive, once I started gathering examples, I went a little overboard...

I take them with me when we travel...
Joe-Gallery073.jpg

There is a English actor who strongly resembles the later type hair GI Joe, he is in Counterpart and a variety of other EU based TV series. Everytime I see him all I can think of is GIJoe.

I really enjoyed that show. JK Simmons did a really fine job. Are you referring to Harry Lloyd or Guy Burnet? I think there were quite a few British actors in that.

Last edited:
Back