Wrecked 77, price reduction $700

carl

True Classic
Most of you have read here about my two Xs that were wrecked in front of my house.

This is sort of a repost of the previous ad with a major price reduction. You couldn't buy all the good parts on this car for $700.

I have no interest in parting out the car.

This is a 77 X that is mostly stock with the exception of a hopped up 1500 motor. The car will come with at title but I don't see how you could get it back on the road so I view it as a parts car with a lot of nice stuff on it. What's it got:
1500 motor with HC pistons, header, 34 DATR and electronic ignition. Allegedly a 1600 but I have no paperwork or evidence to prove that. New timing belt and tensioner last year.
4-speed in excellent condition.
Perfect cooling system with good radiator, new thermostat and SS tank
Brakes completely gone through with four rebuilt calipers, new rotors. EBC green pads, SS lines, new MC . New E-brake cables.
four scruffy iron crosses, just need painting, rim edges are good, and four new Federal 595 SS tires.
Almost new KYB struts and cut springs (one coil).
Rebuilt alternator
Replacement gas tank in perfect condition.
Rebuilt pedal assembly with new brake and clutch MC and supply hoses. All reservoirs in great shape.
Halogen headlights, previous owner seems to have installed relays.
Rebuilt heater assembly (non-AC).
Interior in fair shape, the key is the two seats are in great shape. Dash has several cracks. Door cards OK, carpet OK but scruffy under pedals.
Engine cover and side panels in great shape, rear trunk lid good, passenger door good, driver door probably bent too much to use. I cut down the railroad track bumpers to a single rail and collapsed the tubes. Early grill in good shape and metal spoiler in good shape.

Bottom line is everything worked and looked pretty good. This would make a great kit for some one with a "barn find" that needed everything above gone through....just like I spent the last year doing on this car.

I WILL NOT BE PARTING OUT THIS CAR AT THIS TIME SO DON'T EVEN ASK

Car is currently located in Northern Virginia but in a month or two it will be located in a secret location in Maryland.

You can ask questions here but please make any offers or counter offers via email or private message. I have lots of pictures both pre and post accident.

This has Lemons race car written all over it. All the stuff not exempted by Lemons has already been done, and all the stuff needed (cage, belts, etc) as exempt from the budget. Lemons officials love odd stuff. Likewise, the motor/tranny can be very reliable. I know- I beat the hell out of my 128 with rarely a problem.

Also could be a nice vintage race car. If someone wants some guidance there, I could help out.

As a start for a race car, the is a absolute STEAL!!!

Marc in Indy

I could certainly make use of the parts... Making space for the car for disassembly would be the challenge. Too many 128s that will not give up their spot in the garage or shop without a fight! If no one else takes you up on the car in the next couple of weeks I'll see what I can do.

It's being moved this week to my secret storage lot in Hagerstown MD this week. It will sit there until...………...

The new owner is an old hand on Fiat websites but I'll leave it up to him to post here. It was funny, when I gave him a tour of the Fatrat in my garage he said he has seen so many pictures of Fiats in my garage he felt completely at home when he walked into it!

I'm going to start photoshopping my Fiats into Jay Leno's garage, as soon as I learn how to use Photoshop...which I don't have.

It' always nice to have friends with computer experience. Oddly enough, of all my kids, my oldest got her degree in graphic design as does her husband. My middle daughter's husband has his degree in web design. My youngest daughter likes to make fun of my lack of computer skills and her twin brother is smart enough to stay out of all this nonsense but is my go to guy for moving heavy Fiat parts around.

Back