WTB: 74/75 turn-key street built X

DrZ

Low Mileage
Apologies for the long shot, but having lurked for a while I figured it worth asking.

I'm interested in a streetable, CA smog-exempt X in done-and-sorted condition. Authenticity is not a big deal - a K20 swap or built 1500 would be much more interesting than matching numbers. Interior, electrical and "finishing touches" issues aren't a dealbreaker, but I'm not looking to pick up a project that still needs structural or substantial mechanical work.

If you're sitting on something like this and you'd be interested in talking about it, consider sending me a PM.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
75X

Hi, my name is Richard. Chris Obert referred me to your listing.
I have a 1975 Fiat X1/9, I'm the original owner. About 5 years ago I had my X restored; but not as stock. I felt being the original owner I could take some "liberties" and make the car as I wanted it. Taking it from 66HP to 97HP at the wheels or aprox. 135 HP; all done via a 1500 engine block worked on by Chris Obert along with everything else on the X. Five speed trans, the suspension has been worked over with front sway bar, adjustable Koni's and whatever necessary to improve handling. The seats are out of a Lotus Elise, European style bumpers custom made from the original bumper material. Original color was that brite lime green, now it is the color of the late model VW Beetles, a little more in style with the times.
I do autocross the X with the help of Chris.
You can find pictures of the X on Fiat America webpage.
I would be willing to talk and explain/answer any questions about my X. You have to understand there is more that just $$$ invested; but I do understand what you are trying to do.
I'm located in Hayward, Ca. and would be will to meet if that was convenient.
Respectfully
Richard

To sell or not to sell?

Not really, but it does not hurt to talk and find out what others think and what value they feel you car is worth. Its more like helping the person know what he should be expecting if takes on a project like we have. Also I see you have a "for sale" at the end of your listing. Are you thinking about selling?
We need to get together and compare notes regarding our X's some time; I hear you did a engine rebuild; after driving my X did you get inspired; just kidding. I've got another 81X I'm working on. Just wish I had "deeper" pockets for he project. Thanks for he interest.
Richard

Back