WTB: T shaped tool from tool kit

Kendall

True Classic
Hello everyone. Who has the t tool from the tool kit? It fits in the spot in the picture. I don't know what it's for, otherwise I would identify it correctly.
20220612_133734.jpg

It's an 8mm/10mm T-wrench style socket tool. Often poached by Ferrari owners for their fancy-shmancy tool rolls (same tool).

Do any Ferrari's have that tool in their tool kits? Lambos? Maserati's? Etc? Fiats and, especially Ferrari's, share a lot of parts, that helps explain why some Fiat parts are so rare/expensive.

That tool is not part of my 84 Ferrari tool kit. Not sure which Ferrari would have that tool.

After researching I suppose this was included in the briefcase style toolkit that was for the 365 GT4 2+2, the 400, and the Series 1 400i. Mine is a series 2 and I don't think it has a tool like that.

A100E2AA-3F83-4707-85ED-22D760B4E805.jpeg

I am a vendor.

The T wrench is one of those impossible items. When my partner was searching for tools to complete some tool kits we have, she found some in Italy. So they are (were) out there.
She generated a couple of very rare kits we sold for a lot of money.

There was a new production run of tool kits a few years back. The first set came with the wrench, but not afterwards. So if you can find one of the first of the reproduction kits...
I am sold out of the first ones...

If you reference my May Day sale posted here, there is one of those tools in the tool kit I am offering. It's not sold, yet.

Last edited:
Nobody has mentioned that it's for the air cleaner nuts, inner and outer. That's why the Ferrari guys (and anybody else with a Weber) want them.
I've managed to hold onto mine for over 40 years now.

That tool is not part of my 84 Ferrari tool kit. Not sure which Ferrari would have that tool.
The tool was part of the gray plastic Fiat tool kits from the mid-1960's through the mid-1970's era, so likely Ferrari cars from that era as well.

Hello everyone. Who has the t tool from the tool kit? It fits in the spot in the picture. I don't know what it's for, otherwise I would identify it correctly.
Hello Kendall,

Close, but no cigar.

I knew that I had a tee handled hex wrench, and looked for you.....But unfortunately this isn't it.
It measures 6mm, and I still can't recollect how it came into my tools.
Honda generator perhaps ?p1010006.JPG

Not to highjack your thread, but I too am looking for a FIAT tool. A.50006
P1010007.JPG

It's used to holdfast the rocker setscrew. Use of vice grips mars the surface too much to my liking (smile).
Might just end up fabricating one unless someone has an extra they'd care to part with ?

Good luck on your quest !

lezesig
'72spi

Thanks for all the replies. That's very interesting to learn that this is one of the parts you can't find, of all things.
Did the individual tools from the tool kit have part numbers? Sometimes that hits better when searching.
And one other thing, the flat side of the washer goes against the flat surface underneath. It just makes sense!

Back