WTB: Yugo Engine/Trans Support Crossmember

Jeff Stich

True Classic
Looking for a Yugo engine/trans mount support crossmember, Yugo part #1616518, in new or good used condition. Anybody have one (besides Yugoparts.com)?

yugocrossmember.jpg

Last edited:
car-part.com shows a couple listed as engine cradle. One in Nampa Id, and one in PA. BTW, I still have those parts to get to you. Do you still want them?

It's the same as a 128 support (without the tow loop) but I seem to recall there is a difference from the X unit, perhaps length?

The Yugo crossmember is different from the X1/9 unit, & is slightly different than the 128 one (ie: the Yugo c/m has a tow loop on the front end, as Carl noted). This will be going on a 128, but I'm after the Yugo unit specifically because it has that factory tow loop on it (the 128 has no factory location to attach a towing/winch cable hook). Since I have to replace the damaged Fiat crossmember on this car anyway, I figured I might as well do so with the "improved" Yugo one (I have one of these Yugo crossmembers on my other 128, & that tow loop has been a great asset when needed!).

The $90 used 128 crossmember referenced for sale at MWB is slightly more expensive than a new Yugo one listed elsewhere. With a limited budget for this car, I was hoping to pick up a good used Yugo c/m for less $$ than that (ie: if someone was parting out a Yugo, clearing out their garage, etc.).

Back