X1/9 bodykits & mods (long w/ lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]X1/9 bodykits & mods (long w/ lots of pics)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 14 1999 at 3:31 PM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT> Mac </NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

Hi all!

Since Deven has expressed interest in the Faran bodykit, and had some questions, and is not the first one in this forum who has had such questions, I figured now was as good a time as any for me to sit down and slap together a simple photo guide to SOME of the kits that are out there, as well as a couple of "one-off" modified X1/9s...

Let me start by saying a 'thank you' to the UK X Club for providing roughly half of the pictures in this post. The rest are pics from my personal screensaver collection, which I have gathered from various places around the web, or things that folks have sent me via email over time. I am not even certain where some of them have come from anymore (have I been at this X stuff that long!?) but whoever these came from, I thank you as well for aiding in the illustrations ...

SO here we go (in no particular order):

This one is an oldie, AFAIK it's the first bodykit style made for an X1/9. It is the oldest one that I am aware of anyhow - First generation kit from Eurosport...

448.jpg

You won't be seeing that one around much anymore, as it has not been produced in a looong time.

Then there is a body package that was distributed from the North American dealer network as an option on late new Bertone cars. They called it the "Bertone Corsa" kit here in the USA...

1325c.jpg

There is a rumor that these parts are still available through the Bertone headquarters in Italy, but I have not checked firsthand. SeaX member Adrian Klein owns one of these.

And there is the Faran kit which Deven was asking about. Sorry Deven, I don't think this one's being produced anymore either...

redfaran.jpg

Here's a look at another Faran example...

02_big.gif

And here's what started out as a Faran kit, but has since been highly modified to the point that it is now more a "one-off" than an actual kit...

535b.jpg

There is clearly no limit to what can be done, it just depends on your skills, resources, and how far you are willing to go... !!

868.jpg

Yes, that is an X1/9! Hard to believe. The work done on this car is simply mindboggling. The kit is called the "Amalfi Passero" and this particular one is built on an '81 X chassis, with an Uno Turbo engine. Note the familiar looking targa top panel? Not too many ways left to tell it was an X1/9, but there are a couple - like the main door glass panels. And yes, the doors flip up just like a Countach!

Now this one's not a kit - it is another "one-off" deal. This one is a hot topic at Mirafiori.com lately, so I figured I'd toss it into the mix here as well...

07_big.jpg

A custom X1/9 'roadster'. The loss of structural rigidity was made up for with the addition of more supports running across behind the seats. Don't know much about this one except that it had to be a lot of work!

Now here is a kit which looks quite good because A: They still make it! and B: you can even find them in the USA! It's the current full Eurosport kit...

eurosp.jpg

Unlike many of the other types pictured here, I actually have seen the Eurosport kit in-person, and I do have to admit that - for a kit - it is actually quite well done in my opinion. For a kit `:)

Now we come to what is probably my personal favorite of all fiberglass kits for the X: the Dallara replica! ...

dallara.jpg

Personally I like the styling of the Dallara X1/9 quite a bit. It is wild, but not over-the-top (except maybe for that wing!) - If I were ever to build a custom bodied X1/9, it would most likely be a Dallara kit. Just a matter of personal choice. There are some Dallara replica panels still out there, but mostly in the US they end up on X1/9 racecars - I hear the panels crack pretty easily under street use.

Along the line of body mods popular in US racing Xs, this one is often seen as well. It is made by Performance Fibergalass (in the USA) and I hear that while it is hot on the track, it is not really intended for street use...

pfgx.jpg

So that's what I brought to share today. There are definitely more kits than these out there for the X that have been produced at one time or another, but these are the ones I have most often heard of.

I often think of building a wild bodykitted X1/9 - heck, my '75 is sitting in storage waiting for a restoration job, and if I were to give in to temptation I am certain I could build one wildass X1/9 out of it...

But then I stop and look at the X1/9 in its factory bodystyle...

80front.jpg

...and I think to myself, "they got it right already!"

I think I am going to just restore the '75 to its original bodystyle. Still debating wether to keep the dual-rail bumpers though! `:eek:

So that's the kitcar slideshow kiddies! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Peace, -Mac.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "8";n54_em = n54_em + "7";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "w";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "u"; document.write("Deven"); // --> </SCRIPT>Deven <NOSCRIPT> Deven </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Fabulous rundown - Thanks Mac <nt><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 14 1999, 6:48 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]scot[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->pictures!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 15 1999, 8:27 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->great bunch of pictures,but i think i agree,fiat got it right.X19's look best sans bumpers,if you' re willing to risk your baby's bodywork<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Julian[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Good, but good?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 16 1999, 2:22 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Well I think the X looks lovely with or without bumpers (with a few exceptions). The only problem is that it has the aerodynamics of a brick - no worse, the Uno (original brick shape) has better aerodynamics!

The advantage of the more subtle kits is the improvement in air-flow and stability. The art liws in finding something that does the original design justice while actually providing somthing functional!

I don't like the wide bodykits too much (they are useful for hiding wider wheels, and some do look great), the increased frontage to the car makes the aerodynamics even worse - the Dallara kit adds the best part of 12 inches to the cars width (a 20% increase in width!)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT> Mac </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Dallara body kits<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 16 1999, 3:41 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

Hi Julian!

While the stock X body may be a bit less aerodynamic than one might expect, I can still think of a LOT of cars that are worse off! Especially here in America...

You are right that the wide kits are suited primarily for racing - the Dallara kit specifically does offer the ability to run extremely wide wheels...

cinzano.jpg

The other racing bodykit that I mentioned from Performance Fiberglass also allows for pretty wide wheels, although I am not sure which kit widens the car more...

fritz.jpg

At any rate, the Dallara still has to be my personal favorite but like I said before: I would never put a bodykit on an X1/9 that wasn't already terminally rusty or cosmetically screwed up beyond reasonable repair. NEVER screw up a good example! :)

Are they still selling the Dallara kit in the UK? -Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Julian (daydreaming somewhere)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Bodykit choice<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 17 1999, 4:17 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Selling it? I'm told Prima racing still produce kits from the moulds taken from the original Radbourne/Dallara car.

I also found out, a couple of weeks ago, that the guy who managed the Radbourne team still has the moulds for the car panels. We are talking the original moulds, not copies that have a slight size difference and don't fit quite right! Sadly these are somewhat on the pricy side!

I take it from your comments that you disapprove of my race car then. I'm hurt!
sad.gif

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Mac[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 75px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->disapprove?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 18 1999, 10:03 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 75px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->What do you mean? -Mac.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Julian (up at a slightly daft time on a sunday!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 90px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Explanation......<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 19 1999, 12:33 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 90px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I hate it when I have to explain a joke, even if it was a lame one!

Well I've been ripping apart a damn good example of a 1987/88 X for the sole purpose of circuit racing. I could rip apart a rather rough version - but I kind of want the thing to stay in one piece for at least a few races (barring me stacking it into someone else - or vice-versa!)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Mac[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 105px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->No, you're not in the doghouse<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]December 19 1999, 8:44 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 105px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->It is my general belief that a nice clean strong X1/9 should never be screwed up for any reason. That belief is mainly because over here it is possible to find an X1/9 that has a clean strong structure but with rusty body parts or some other form of cosmetic problems. These make the better choice for race projects in my opinion because then one is not removing yet another good X from our planet...

That said, I don't hold it against you - in your case - but only because I've seen UK X1/9s, and if one there is rusty 'anywhere' then it is usually rusty 'everywhere'! Bad environment to be trying to maintain Italian metal.

Over here, it is more common to have body panel rust while still having a good structure (at least here in the Northwest USA) so in our area I still hold to my belief that good clean ones should not be messed with too much. It's easy enough to find a 'beater' with a strong chassis that I can't justify modifying a really nice one. -Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + "p";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Dave Potts"); // --> </SCRIPT>Dave Potts <NOSCRIPT> Dave Potts </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Details, details .....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]January 9 2000, 4:35 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hi guys!
The Faran car company was set up in '88/'89 and comprised of 3 partners:
Faran - an entrepreneur from the Middle East but based in Norwich (pron."norrich")
The X1/9 Man - Streatham (pron. "stretam")London
Avanti engineering - Somerset (the Renzulli bros)

Faran built the bodies and assembled/sold/marketed a number of finished cars
The X1/9 Man assembled/sold kits and panels
Avanti constructed/designed the cradle for the twin-cam Lancia lump which was supplied in different states of tune.

My own Faran was so badly put together that I remodelled it completely, turning it into a one-off. It's the champagne colored car with the Y X19 plate. The red car (side view) belongs to a restauranteur in Cheltenham, and resides in Oxford.

It is not known how many of these kits were supplied but they can be a handfull in the wet!
Cars were supplied, ready-to-race, in a one make series but such were the oversteer characteristics on track, that most owners "requested" their mony back! (Those whose cars survived!) This put an enormous financial burden on the company that could not be met. After a series of mysterious fires at the factory, followed by insurance claims, the concern folded in '92/'93.

The X1/9 Man met his end some years back. He fell foul of an eastend gang in London. They found him with a smile big enough to eat a jumbo chilli dog sideways ......

Avanti Engineering are thriving and still work with Italian machinery. They do not, however, still make the cradle. Nor will they supply drawings. Details of the installation (drawings, photos and notes) may be available soon. (Any interested parties please contact me through my e-mail address).

I would guess that just 30-40 cars are left at most. Most have the Lancia/FIAT 2 liter twin-cam fitted, but there are reports of one, made by the Faran company's engineer and run by his daughter, that has a 3 liter Alfa V6 fitted!

One kit, still attached to the shell, is up for grabs. Mail me if you are interested.

Regards from Blighty, what?

Dave Potts.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT> Mac </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Pottsy!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 4 2000, 1:24 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Haven't seen Potts around much these days - what are you up to?? -Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back